Jerusalem overnight

Smiles3usa

Next fall both Holland America and Princess visit Ashod (Jerusalem/Tel Aviv) and Haifa (Nazareth/Galilee) on consecutive days. There is an option for an overnight in Jerusalem on both ships--a 2day excursion. Has anyone taken the two-day excursion when visiting these ports? As a ship excursion or independently? How was excursion?

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I have been scouring the net feverishly looking for a review which includes an overnight in Israel. Unfortunately, I have yet to find one. I did find this one: http://pages.prodigy.net/lindacoffman/r5_041700.htm which includes both of the mentioned ports. The cruise was on the old Renaissance R5 ships. Unfortunately, it doesn't mention if overnights were available at the time.

With the wealth of information here, surely someone has either stayed overnight or knows of someone who has.

While I haven't done this excursion I have been to Israel. Driving distances between major points are not very long, at least compared to the US, so I think this would be very doable from Ashod and Jerusalem is an amazing experience. Of course, it all depends on the political situation as well.

• 2 months later...

Gideon Shor

calling from states

011-972-505-393151 cell

home is 02-824602

He is the guide for the Krafts that own the New England Patriots!! You will enjoy him!

Tell him that I told you about him

FRANK BOOKE

• 4 months later...

Travel time between Haifa and Tel Aviv is 1 hour. Between Tel Aviv and Jerusalem is 1 hour. Ashdod is right next to Tel Aviv, so it should be about an hour.

If I was to do an overnight in Israel, I would hope that I could do Masada and Ein Gedi. Then again, I lived in Jerusalem for 4.5 years and in Rehovot for 6 months. (All on a tourist visa... long story)

• 1 month later...

We just visited Israel on the Crystal Serenity. We stopped in Ahsdod. It was clearly one of the highlights on our trip which was a full world cruise. Our cruise line also offered an overnight option but it was a three night option. I would highly recommend taking an overnight of this country but just to keep logistics as simple as possible I would go with the cruise line overnight program.

Keith

Archived