Cabin Decorations

liberty925

I was just about to order cabin decorations for a friend who is going on the Sensation. When I went to the Carnival website to input the information I noticed that they don’t offer a cake with the cabin decorations. Is this new? I always thought a cake was given with the cabin when it got decorated

When I went to the carnival website under the description it says nothing about a cake.

http://www.carnival.com/BonVoyage/Default.aspx?cat=Special+Occasions

This must be a very recent change. We just got off the Ecstasy today and I ordered the decorations and cake for my mother's birthday. I did not have to order them separately.

I just returned today from the Fascination and we had decorations and cake in our rooms from our travel agent. There were 3 families. I don't know when she booked them but it had to be after May 1st since our final payment was due end of April.

My mom just sailed the Holiday last week...I'd ordered the decorations for her and she didn't get a cake. But, the decorations have changed they look alot better!! They are much better quality and there are more of them. She said the decorations were everywhere~~

It's only a guess but I am thinking that each ship is using up it's existing supply of "old" decorations (and serving with the cake) then moving on to the new stuff. Either way, I would definately order it again....she was so surprised :D

Also, I added some bar credits which were not included with the room decorations. She didn't receive them until dinner the 2nd night. There was some confusion about her table so she might have received them on the first night....??? Just incase you were thinking of doing that too........

Hope this helped!

Okay, very good thread, as I am planning a surprise 50th birthday party for DH. Really thought I would gather my own decorations, as I have been disappiointed in the ship's decorations in the past. And isn't the cake a given in the dining room? We are always celebrating an anniversary and Husband birthday on the ship and have always gotten a cake in the Dining Room. One cake is enough, so if the dining room cake is still a freebie, we are set! On the Conquest Labor Day week-please offer input!?!

The cake in the dining room is now charged for. I think its 7 bucks. Choc or vanilla. round or heart shape. Strawberry cream or choc mouse filling. You can view the cakes on carnival web pages.

Carnival is not the only cruiselines charging for these cakes now. seems its all over the place.

The cabin decorations were very nice and festive. My mother was quite surprised when we first entered the cabin. Her 80th birthday is not until 8/7, but this was her birthday cruise so I wanted the decorations for an early celebration. The cake that came with the package was delicious. There is a charge if you want a cake to be served in the dining room. The prices vary depending on the size that you choose. The package I ordered included a cake, so I did not order another. They did put the candle in her dessert at dinner. Here are the pictures of the cabin decorations.

http://community.webshots.com/album/158982045CrsOcR

Your responses are so helpful, than you so much! I have no problem paying for the cake--we have been on 13 cruises and have received one free every year, so we are due to buy one. My DH is a cake lover so I will definitely have to order him one--I think the Chocolate Mousse filling would be to his liking! And thank you so much for the pics of the room decorations--MUCH, MUCH better than the ones I've had in the past. We are sailing on the Conquest out of the New Orleans--what ship were you on? I would think the decorations would be the same with all the carnival lines, wouldn't you? Your mom must have been overwhelmed--how wonderful to be able to celebrate with her in such a special way! When did you have the room decorated--was it done before you boarded or later in the week? We are travelling with a group of 8, so I want to order a few canape trays and have champagne for my guy. One of our groups is getting a bigger cabin so thought maybe, what I would do is have a banner made up for them to hang in their room--have the canapes sent there--meet them for champagne before dinner one night and surprise him that way. He is turning 50 and is a Buffet fan so planning to theme it "A Pirate looks at 50"--getting together some parrothead decor. Any suggestions on where I can order a cool banner--would really love something everyone could sign. Anyway, at that same time, I could have our room decorated with the Carnival decorations to surprise him when we get back--have the cake brought to him at dinner and just celebrate his birthday all week long! I was thinking of doing this the first night, since it is a little more laid back and not as much planned. Input is welcome.

Another thought--has anyone ever seen birthday celebration take place at The Point (5 star dining restaurant)? We ate there last year when we sailed and it was amazing--will definitely do that again this year!!

I requested that the decorations be put up for embarkation. What a surprise it was for her when she walked into the room. :D I figured the only way to actually surprise her was when we first arrived. Because of her age, she was back in the cabin for frequent naps, so it would have been hard to plan it as a surprise any other time.

She was surprised at dinner when they sang Happy Birthday. After the decorations, she didn't expect it. We were on the Ecstasy on a 4-day cruise to Catalina and Ensenada. They also had a shop where you could special order cakes- chocolate, vanilla, carrot cake, and .... I was on the Pride last month and they had the same thing. My mother's diabetic so there was no sense in ordering her another cake. I would have been the one eating it and I sure didn't need it. :)

What ever you do, I'm sure your husband will be surprised. I turn 50 next month and I wish I was going on another cruise. But, the budget won't allow for a third cruise this year. :(

I am having the cabin decorated for my mom's 60th birthday upon Embarkation.... then on her birthday night. I am going to have a message in a bottle delivered to her on a tray with a birthday poem I wrote inside of it. I thought this would be very surprising to her :)

liberty925,

I finally finished unpacking. :D I ordered the decorations and cake on 06/10/04. At that time, the both came in the birthday decorations package and the cost was $34.64.

I haven't read all the replies on this subject, so I might be repititious here:eek: but last week I brought streamers, curly bows, and a fold out accordian type banner of letters that spelled "happy birthday" and a roll of tape. I decorated grandson's cabin while he was out and ordered a cake in the dining room which cost 3.95 The decorations were from the dollar store. It left me some $ to buy him tee shirts in the gift shop. :D Have fun!

Just ordered cabin decorations for DH 50th birthday.

Cake is NOT included in the price anymore. I spoke with Carnival representative and she said that this changed very recently. You can order a cake separately, and if you want they can deliver it to your cabin instead of dining room.

I know my DH would not like all the singing in the dining room so I ordered the cake delivered to our cabin, I was also told that the quality of the decorations are much better now, and also included is the centerpiece,

Will see how it works.

I'd also like to know about the centerpiece. I was going to do the cabin decorations with cake for my daughter since they no longer serve the free one in the dining room but now if the cake is also extra there I'm not sure. My daughter will be five and has cruised for every birthday and had a cake. How disappointing that they no longer offer the free one. I know the new ones are suppose to be better but a little kid loves any cake and the attention. I guess I'm buying a cake and I'll skip the decorations since I'm having a gift basket and balloon bouquet delivered from a private company to our cabin.

Archived