Just back - Infinity

KenM

Such ashame to hear of the current problems. We were on the ship the previous week and we had a great time.......

For those going in the future- don't panic..

It is my belief that Celebrity management will do all within its power to ensure that the virus has been eradicated and that the techncial problems are resolved..

Celebrity should ensure that all negatively impacted are JUSTLY compensated.

This gives reassurance to those going in the future that they won't be negatively impacted..I have sailed many ships/lines over the years and I must be honest with you- Celebrity is number one, followed by Holland America.

One of the people on board cruising this week works for me and he called before leaving Vancouver and told me that they were doing all they could to make them feel comfortable.. I can't wait to hear the whole story when he returns to work...

For those going- it will be AOK.. Don't worry(you can't control it anyway), go and enjoy it....That ship is getting so much attention- things should be great...

If management was smart, they would put some senior people on board to ensure that happens..Free wine for everyone!!!!!

By any chance could you give me the dress schedule for the week ,

I know it's always casual the 1st night, and usually the 2nd night is 1st formal night, but after that I'm not sure of anything.

I really need to know - we want to eat in the "States" dining room - probably twice (will have to make reservations ASAP upon boarding ) - which I know is informal - but I don't want to miss the Formals or informals in the dining room either - and I want to make sure I have enough 'really nice' clothes - there's always the on-ship cleaners. I never get to dress up - had to buy a bunch of new clothes for our cruise - which isn't until next year - I'd like to catch some end of summer sales if I don't have enough for the week.

(and I'm not exaggerating about needing clothes - I live in the country - dressed up is clean jeans with no holes - you should see my regular wardrobe !! LOL !!! nowhere near cruise casual !!!! )

How will the ship look to someone whose NEVER been on a cruise ship before and only ever dreamed of it ???????? I can't wait. and we're booked in a CS - we were waitlisted for the exact one we wanted and it came through today - eeeeek !! it's all a bit overwhelming !!!

If you think of any other hi-lites of the trip - feel free to share !

and glad you like us Canadians - we're pretty good folk, eh !:)

...and I'm SO excited for YOU. I myownself liken a first cruise to the fun and excitment of a FIRST kiss or a FIRST car...both of which were pretty darn excitin' to me! My first cruise was in May of '95 and I was immediately (as they say) "hooked"...big time! I've since been on five more (nothing less than a seven day). Ten day cruises seem about right--SO much time for lolling :p ! Don't stress too much over "dress" just plan to have a wunnerful time. In the mean time stay EXCITED and keep :Din' your cruise will be here before you know it! Smooches from Texas!!

Just back from infinity July 9th - our dress for the week was:-

Sunday Casual

Monday Formal

Tuesday Informal

Wednesday Informal

Thursday Casual

Friday Formal

Saturday Casual

Hope that helps! The thread seems to have got side tracked from your original question! Hope you have a better week than us.

Judith

Cruise director is Eric Bohus - very good at his job!

Hotel director was Zbigniew Lisowski - left on July 16th. We had dinner with him on the Captains Table and he said that he was going home to Poland as he'd had enough!

Judith

Cruise director is Eric Bohus - very good at his job!

Hotel director was Zbigniew Lisowski - left on July 16th. We had dinner with him on the Captains Table and he said that he was going home to Poland as he'd had enough!

Judith

Very strange a Hotel Director being as unprofessional as that. Never had one like that on X

Archived