Open Deck Space on the Infinity

TomAndJane

We will be going on our first X cruise aboard the Infinity. After seeing pictures of her I am wondering about open deck space to enjoy scenery, etc. We will be visiting Hubbard Glacier and I like being outside where it is at least chilly when viewing glaciers. What decks have open space that would be good for viewing? From the pictures I have seen, looks like most of the open deck space is on the upper two decks. Any help would be appreciated.:)

Thanks

Tom

You are right about the top two levels. As long as you can see out the side you will get good views as the captain will make a couple of 360 deg turns so everyone can enjoy the view.

The deck above the pool, (Sunrise deck) is open and gives great views all around.

On Promenadeck, which doesnot wrap around, you have too choose the site.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/plancruise/ships/deck.do;jsessionid=0000zYq8ZQA7BaM2q1AnYXPDJ9H:1028etqv2?shipCode=IN&deckCode=PD&sailDate=1060716

I have been to Hubbard Glacier twice and the first time we were on the Promenade deck and as a previous poster said the ship makes a 360 degreen turn so everyone can see the glacier. This last trip we just stayed in our cabin(balcony) and had the best view. Of course it can get very cold(naturally it is a glacier) so once in awhile I would go inside to warm up and then go out again to the balcony. It was the best of both worlds. Make sure if you do go on the outside decks to dress warm, gloves, if you have ear problems make sure they are covered. You do not need a heavy heavy coat, a medium one will do. Just wear underneath a turtleneck, sweater, etc. Just remember to layer, layer and layer.

Marilyn

Deck 4 also has good places to view from sides.

Deck 5 helicopter pad is excellent. Captain will usually give permission for passengers to go there. Enter from deck 4 outside Celebrity theater on portside. Step over transom through door and climb small stairway up to deck 5. If you go up while still cruising at speed make sure you dress warm and have headcover & gloves or pockets for hands.

Deck 10 aft patio is excellent. By pool where sliding window are on both sides is good.

Archived