vision of the seas

i am considering her for alaska next june

has anyone sailed her recently?

anyone to alaska?

did she get a makeover yet?

would you go on her over radiance or serenade?

anything on this topic would be helpful

thanks

DH and I got married on Vision.

Between Vision and a Radiance class hip, I would pick the Radiance class. however, if you havent ever been on either then save the radiance class ship for the next cruise....

Then again, a Radiance class ship is mostly glass and affords spectacular views... this class was built for Alaska cruising. If you are doing Alaska and have a choice, pick a Radiance class ship!

Vision had her dry dock Jan 2006, no major interior overhauling as it was mainly mechanical upkeep that got done. She is clean, color scheme in cabins dated (but that's true fleet wide), the staff and crew were great. We loved her for our Alaska cruise, she has lots of views too (that's why its called a Vision class ship). She was easy to get around on, never felt crowded. We had Capt George but he's now assigned to the Serenade OTS. So the only reason I'd pick Radiance or Serenade is the master (Capt Rune on Radiance, Capt George on Serenade).

i know- good advice- but the review(professional one) says that the vision offers the best views for alaska- yet it is not remodeled yet and is older- the radiance is fantastic- i still would of liked the vision over my honeymoon rather than the legend- which we took to hawaii.

Hi,

We were originally going to sail on the Vision in June of next year. But after doing more research on this site and others, we decided to change. We are now going on a Southbound cruise of Alaska on the Radiance of the Sea.

Here are some of the reasons why we changed. The Vision is scheduled to go to Tracy Arms Fjord next year. It was scheduled to do that this year, but they canceled all trips to the Fjords because they couldn't get some type of permit I read. Who's to say that they don't cancel all trips to Tracy Arms Fjord next year.

Second, the ship is only going to two main ports and one I next heard of and there is not alot of information about. Radiance of the Sea is going to Juneau, Skagway, Ketchakan, and Icy Strait Point, plus Hubbard Glacier. More ports plus the inside passage.

Third, it's a newer ship with more features on the ship to enjoy. Plus alot more positivie reviews!

I priced both cruises out and going southbound in June is about the same price as round trip via seattle. I believe Serenade of the Sea, round trip from Vancouver is more.

It's really each person's choice. Just do your research and you'll have a great time.

This Sept. will be our third trip to Alaska with RCI. We'll be sailing on Vision of the Sea's out of Seattle. But our reason for sailing Vision is that the itenerary is slightly different than what we've sailed in the past. We haven't been to Icy Straight Point or Victoria, BC. As mentioned, we were supposed to sail Tracy Arm but instead of Hubbard Glacier but, that was cancelled. Considering that either Radiance or Serenade recently sailed Tracy Arm last minute when they couldn't port in Juneau, I seriously doubt it was a permit issue so much as a price-of-gas-got-to-high issue (probably just my paranoia).

At any rate, if this was my first sailing to Alaska, having sailed both Radiance class and Vision class ships, I'd pick one of the Radiance class ships. Proabably the RT out of Vancouver unless I wanted to add the land tour portion onto the trip as well. Radiance class just has more to offer than the Vision class ship. More to do, more dining options and, at least IMO, better views out of the ship than Vision class offers.

Both ships are fine and if you'd rather sail out of Seattle, then I don't think you'd be disappointed in Vision of the Sea's or her itenerary. But if it doesn't matter which port you sail from, I'd recommend one of the two Radiance class ships.

Capt George was on the Vision. I believe he will be on the Serenade now. I would sail on any of his his ships. He did some small things that I have not had done by any other ships captain. He tried to time our departure from Cabo so there would be a sunset photo op. The weather did not cooperate but the next nite he came on to announce there was a great sunset. He also turned the ship in a circle so all the passengers could see the whales breaching the sea. He runs a great ship - and it shows with the attitude of all the staff.

Archived