Tour Tip (how much)

If your tour cost 500 e what is the tip you would give the driver?

There was a great thread on just this subject a week or so ago that may warrant a search.If you are talking about private driver the rule of thumb is about 10% or whatever you feel you would be comfortable with.If on a ship's tour 10% to the guide 5% to the driver or some extra €.Some do morer,some less and I am sure some not at all.

We just did five private tours (Rome, Florence, Athens, Amalfi Coast and Villefranche). Our costs ranged from 400-550 euros. Often times the drivers were the actual owners of the companys...which generally you would tip a little less. We tipped from 50-100 euros per tour. It was much deserved and they all seemed appreciative. Have a great time!

Stephanie

I am using the following private tour companies in September. Claudio of limoinrome, Daniele of Driverinrome, Michel of Revelation Tours, and Salvatore of driveamalfi. In two of the information emails they sent, the suggested 10% for a good day(i.e. normal decent job) up to 20% for an absolutely fantastic job(wording is mine). I have invited all my driver/guides to eat lunch with us. So I plan to cover lunch and then give them 10-15%.

Pooh

Archived