Celebrity Private Island ?

danerdoo

Haven't found if this has already been discussed, but wondered what everyone's thoughts were on Celebrity and their Private Island or lack of Private Island.

In 2001, on the Millennium we tendered to Catalina Island off the coast of Dominican Republic.

Other than the hike up the hill to the restrooms, I loved this stop. Hands down my favorite day spent in the Caribbean. I would love to go back, but I don't see it listed on any of Celebrity's Caribbean itineraries. Am I missing something? Does anyone else miss this?

Thanks prc for the reply. I do notice that one of Celebrity ships does stop at times in Labadee. I still haven't found any going to the other you mentioned.

Were you ever at Catalina Island?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I was there November 7, 2001. Best cruise ever including the hurricane! Still think about some of the folks I met. I liked this stop alot. It is in my opinion a actual "private"atmosphere. besides the hired "natives" it was quite like a private island experience. Seemed not that much disturbed. Wasn't alot to do but that was fine by me. I loved it!

Archived