7-3-06 Monarch Cruise

Ok so, now you know that we had a good time the night before boarding the ship...so now let me tell you all about the day we actually got on the ship the

Monarch of the Seas

Well I woke up around 6:30, got up took my shower and I was ready for the day. Daisy and Molly took a bit longer to roll their fannies out of bed. We all went down to the breakfast room their at the Best western Sunrise Inn and had our complimentary continental breakfast. Then we went for a bit of a walk and discovered that the Monarch was in port. So we walked back to the room (a 10 Min walk) and packed up our bags in the hotel shuttle

We were dropped off right in front of the cruise ship terminal and were amongst the first 6 people in the door. We waited about an hour and a half and then they let us check our bags in. I found it fascinating the amount of security that we had to go through, before and after we boarded the ship we had to run our bags through the X-ray machines and ourselves as well. If they saw someone or something suspicious they had their dogs sniffing everything.

Once we got through security we made our way to our cabin on the ship #2503, once we went down to the 2nd floor of the ship and headed the right way it was not that difficult to find.

The cabin was small but heck besides sleeping and showering we were barely even there the entire trip. The cabin consisted on 2 lower bunks and one top, The vanity area was pretty small if you ask me and the bathroom I think was maybe 4 x 4 total space.

Vanity area

Two lower bunks

Upper bunk

Television

After we took our carry on bags to our room we decided to go exploring the ship to try to familiarize ourselves with the ship.

Around 4:30 PM we did this thing called a Muster Drill...this is sorda like a fire drill you have in elementary school but you meet on a certain deck in your life jackets and wait for instructions from there. It was fun and a good way to meet people. We met this family that had just moved out here from Minnesota. They were very nice.

Well that is the middle of our first day on the ship, I will post the second half tomorrow evening so keep your eyes peeled for the next exciting segment

Sharon

July3d 2006, Day 2, Part 2 All Aboard

Let's see, where was I in the day...Oh Yes, right after Muster.

After Muster we went back to the room and proceeded to get ready for dinner in the Vincent's Dinning Room at PM at table 321. But before dinner we had the Welcome Aboard show in the Sound Of Music Theater to attend. This is where you got to meet the crew and staff of the ship.

After the Welcome Aboard show, we headed to dinner. We had our choices on what we wanted to eat, it was nice to be able to choose what we wanted and even how much we wanted. On the first night I had the breaded Cod with Garlic Mashed Potatoes...I am not fond of fish (except when my Husband Steven makes it) but it was very tasty and did not have a fish taste or smell at all. By the time we got back to our cabins after dinner our bags had arrived and so did the treats that I pre ordered for Marilyn and Angie days before we got on the ship

Chocolate covered Strawberries and chocolate cake. Everywhere we went they were always taking pictures of us for us to purchase and remember out good times.

After a full night of fun and frolic we decided to head back to our cabin and get some shut

eye.

So that is what happened on the first day, tomorrow I will tell you about Day #3 of the

"Yaya Sisterhood of the Goldslauger " Cruise.

If any of you cannot see the pics PLEASE reply to this email you and I will send the pictures in an attachment.

Sharon

Great start...........but what happened after muster drill????

You started to give us great insite to the Monarch........................and then..............

So please finish what you stated.. We are starved for a good Monarch story as there is a whole group of us going on September 1st and the 4th.

Rick

Archived