Did I screw up? Another cabin question....

Vacations mean different things to different people. Me, I like to eat, my wife likes to relax in the sun:cool: , so for our upcoming Carnival cruise on the Miracle we booked cabin 5107. After reading some reviews, a few people noted that because this was the first balcony forward on the ship, there was a lot of wind, too much to sit outside for very long, so….Carnival was nice enough to switch our cabin to the back of the ship (cabin 4239) on the main deck. When I looked at some pictures last night of the rear of the ship, it looked as though the balcony coverings for the main deck pretty much cover the entire balcony, so not much sunlight there. Has anyone stayed on this deck before in one of the rear cabins , and did you get much sunlight there? Thanks for sharing your experiences!

Here's the skinny: some people hate them.

On the other hand, some people consider them the standard by which other cabins are measured, inevitably to come up wanting.

Having been spoiled by one, I would find it hard to go back to a plain old balcony on the side.

As for the sun, I can't say. My dermatologist warned me that he's done stretching the skin and the next cancer he removes from my face, he grafting on a piece of my a$$. So I stay out of the sun.

I just booked cabin 5106 first balcony cabin. Now i wonder if i should change it.

Its also connects to a inside cabin and the kids are thinking the door will take something away from the cabin? Less room?

I just booked cabin 5106 first balcony cabin. Now i wonder if i should change it.

Its also connects to a inside cabin and the kids are thinking the door will take something away from the cabin? Less room?

Ok so not a Carnival ship but we had the very first balcony cabin on deck 9 on the Jewel of the Seas. We didn't find it windy at all. That one in particular was really neat because the bridge was right above us. We had an inside across the hall and it worked out great with the kids.

I wouldn't worry about the door between the two cabins. It won't take away from the room and it's ideal when you've got kids.

Everything I've read about these cabins give nothing but high marks for the size of the rooms, so I wouldn't worry about that.

I know where ever we end up, we'll have a great time. We've planned more excursions on this trip so we may get enough sun in the morning hours anyway. Side cabin, rear cabin, decisions, decisions, life is rough;)! Thanks for sharing your photos and experiences!

There is less (not more) sun protection on the rear balconies than on the side because of the slope of the ship in the rear ...

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=72127&g2_serialNumber=2

All of these photos are from the Pride (as sister to the Miracle). Here is a photo of the roof on a side facing balcony ...

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=72113&g2_serialNumber=2

See how it goes all the way to the outside edge. Now here is a rear facing balcony ...

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=72089&g2_serialNumber=2

As you can see, the rear facing roof does not even cover half of the balcony.

There is less (not more) sun protection on the rear balconies than on the side because of the slope of the ship in the rear ...

Now here is a rear facing balcony ...

As you can see, the rear facing roof does not even cover half of the balcony.

This is not true on deck four. It is completely covered.

All of these photos are from the Pride (as sister to the Miracle). Here is a photo of the roof on a side facing balcony ...

I have to Ask......What's up with the Faceless Pictures ??

Aren't almost all Balconies completly Covered ???

Your question is one reason I posted my question. We were on the Triumph a few years ago, on the upper deck, and the balcony had both a sunny and shady area. The overhang seemed to jut out about halfway covering half of the balcony. From what I could tell on the main deck, it looked like the overhang covered the balcony completely, hence, little sun on that level. I was wondering if this was the same on the Miracle. I don't think there are any rooms left if we wanted to change the cabin, but it'll be great anyway!

As for the sun, I can't say. My dermatologist warned me that he's done stretching the skin and the next cancer he removes from my face, he grafting on a piece of my a$$. So I stay out of the sun.

If I send you a friend of mine's email address can you can tell her that? She is 30, looks like worn out leather, and keeps baking herself! SIGH!

I've had three spots taken off my back while I was in my twenties, all benign, but enough to scare the beejeebers out of me. My blonde hair and fair skin and light blue eyes just can't take it. SPF 45 for me!

Thanks for the picture. i don't think i have to worry about the wind. but now i wonder if i would even like the first balcony cabin. I just don't know if i should keep it or change to a different cabin.

Archived