Bed for toddler?

GottaCruise18

What have people done for sleeping arrangements with a toddler that is too big for a crib? It appears that the bed for a "third person" in a cabin is that sofa in the picture -- just with the cushions removed. I'm afraid this is much narrower than a regular bed and that my 2-year old will fall off of this, especially if there is any rough seas. Should I consider bringing a bed rail? What does Carnival provide? Are Carnival's cribs safer?

What have people done for sleeping arrangements with a toddler that is too big for a crib? It appears that the bed for a "third person" in a cabin is that sofa in the picture -- just with the cushions removed. I'm afraid this is much narrower than a regular bed and that my 2-year old will fall off of this, especially if there is any rough seas. Should I consider bringing a bed rail? What does Carnival provide? Are Carnival's cribs safer?

We travel with our two little ones often. DS doesn't fall out anymore, but DD will. At least one bed usually is by a wall, and we just sleep with them, putting them on the inside. Every cruise we've taken with them the sofa was large enough for two. If that won't work, I'd definately look into a travel bed rail.

Good Luck.

How about just turning the sofa to face the wall and have the steward put a sheet and blanket on it. The width of the sofa seat should be enough for a toddler, and you have the back of the sofa on one side and the wall on the other for protection.

We booked a balcony room with sofa bed for our cruise this December. Have any of you been on Jewel with a little one? I hope the sofa "bed" is more than just the 2-seater sofa with the cushions removed! Doesn't it pull out into a bed??? That's what I was hoping. Our daughter is a roly poly sleeper and needs some room. I can picture it now....I'll end up in the sofa bed, and she'll end up in the queen bed with daddy. LOL

A sofa bed does exactly what is says on the tin during the day it is a sofa, and a night it is made in to a actually normal sized bed by your room steward and then turned back into a sofa the next morning. Hopes that has cleared the situation up:p

A sofa bed does exactly what is says on the tin during the day it is a sofa, and a night it is made in to a actually normal sized bed by your room steward and then turned back into a sofa the next morning. Hopes that has cleared the situation up:p

Perfect! Thanks for the clarification. I think this will work perfectly with our little girl. :)

For about $30, we bought a Dora the Explorer inflatable bed which essentially combines a sleeping bag with an inflatable mattress. It's all one piece, inflates in 2-3 minutes, and easily deflates and rolls up to the size of a soccer ball. Our 2 year old was fine in it for the cruise -- we told her it was a "big girl bed" and she was happy with that. Plus, since it sits directly on the ground, there's no possibility of falling.

We brought a bed rail and had our 2 yr. old daughter in the twin beds with us (I was in the middle, hubby and daughter on the outsides). Our son was on the sofa bed.

Cabin:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/510615571/1510618111061183369gKysTF

Bed with railing:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/510615571/1510625067061183369lyZvNW

I wish we could just have our daughter in bed with us....she is such a roly poly sleeper, tho, that we wouldn't get a wink of sleep! LOL We've tried to bring her into bed with us when she's not feeling well and is really fussy/crying all night long, but she'll end up using my tummy as a pillow (which I don't mind - I love it) and will stretch her little legs as far as they'll go until she can feel her daddy and will dig her little toes into his body to try to push him away. As he rolls away towards the edge of the bed, she'll just stretch even further to keep digging in her little tootsies.

I like all these ideas!!!

hi!

we had the same concerns recently when we cruised with our kids 11mths, 3 and 10. Our room had 2 upper berths, but I was too nervous to put the 3 year old up on one of them. He is a very restless sleeper and also tends to sleepwalk. I brought one of those ready beds (I think I paid $25 at Costco) along with us. I put it right in the bottom of the suitcase and it only took a few minutes to blow it up once on the ship (It came with a pump too, but I left that at home, on purpose) . It has a sleeping bag attached to it, and my son slept soundly (and so did mom) , and safely, on the floor next to the baby's crib :)

have fun!

Archived