Formal Nights Attire

Cruiser_Rich

I'm sure this question has been asked many times, anyway I'm reading the crusing planning section on evening attire, but I can't find specific policies regading formal nights on Carnival ships for those male passengers who choose not to wear a suit, specifically on the Triumph. On my Disney experience quite a few people did NOT wear a suit, many did, but some dressed casual all week long, no one was turned away for this. So what about Carnival can one attend formal evening dinners dressed casually, or perhaps just a sport coat.

I had to wear a suit to work every day until the late 1990's, and although I agree suits are very handsome and make people look very distinguished, I DO NOT feel comfortable eating a large meal strapped up with a tie and jacket.

So whats Carnivals policy and what's your opinion.

Formal night is what you make it. You will not be turned away in a pair of slacks and sport shirt. We like to dress in formal wear tux and evening gown and have formal pictures taken. I have also worn slacks and sport coat and did not feel out of place. It's your cruise be comfortable and have a great time.

Carnivals Policy:

Is there a dress code for the dining room? spacer.gif Depending on the length of the cruise, either formal dress or casual resort wear is required in the Dining Room. The dress requirement for children is the same. For those not wanting to dress up, the Lido restaurants are open nightly (with the exception of the last evening of the cruise), and have a casual dress code. Formal Wear: tuxedo (optional); suit and tie; sport coat, tie and slacks; evening gown; cocktail dress; pantsuit Casual Resort Wear: sport shirts and slacks; dresses; skirts; pantsuit NOTE: Shorts, t-shirts and bathing attire are not permitted in the Dining Room during dinner.

My opinion:

If the rather wide interpretation of "formal" wear is not up to your liking, there is always the Lido Buffet.

I'll be eating in the formal dining room not at the buffett wearing no more than a sport jacket and casual slacks. Just wanted to know if others do the same and will people be turned away if they are not dressed properly.

I'll be eating in the formal dining room not at the buffett wearing no more than a sport jacket and casual slacks. Just wanted to know if others do the same and will people be turned away if they are not dressed properly.

Assuming you will be wearing something under the jacket, and something on your feet, then it is a 99% certainty you will not be turned away. (Well maybe 99.9%, I'm not going to 100%, because there is always a chance you may run into a Maitre d' with some kind of bug up his bum).

Carnivals Policy:

Is there a dress code for the dining room? spacer.gif Depending on the length of the cruise, either formal dress or casual resort wear is required in the Dining Room. The dress requirement for children is the same. For those not wanting to dress up, the Lido restaurants are open nightly (with the exception of the last evening of the cruise), and have a casual dress code. Formal Wear: tuxedo (optional); suit and tie; sport coat, tie and slacks; evening gown; cocktail dress; pantsuit Casual Resort Wear: sport shirts and slacks; dresses; skirts; pantsuit NOTE: Shorts, t-shirts and bathing attire are not permitted in the Dining Room during dinner.

My opinion:

If the rather wide interpretation of "formal" wear is not up to your liking, there is always the Lido Buffet.

At the buffet's and around the ship, are bathing suits usually worn around the boat just casually?

At the buffet's and around the ship, are bathing suits usually worn around the boat just casually?

It is a poolside buffet, so you will see a lot of people in there during the in swim suits. As far as the rest of the ship goes, I have seen the odd person here or there at inside activities during the day, however the ship is well airconditioned and most find it too cold to stay that way for long.

So whats Carnivals policy and what's your opinion.

Carnival's policy is on their website - fyi

My opinion: ask these types of questions on the fashion forum, that is where they belong...

Archived