Can you walk to 7 mile beach from the ship?

TexEm

Has anyone ever done it? How long did it take? Is it safe? I usually walk about 1 1/2 to 2 hours a day and figure by Grand Cayman I'll be ready to do some walking again (it's hard to walk that long around the ship).

If I were you I'd take tranportation to the beach and maybe save my walking for the beach. Take a taxi to the beach club where all the cruiser's go. Bypass the club building to get to the beach. From there you can walk about a couple miles up to the beach by the holdiday inn where there is more of a public area than in between, where it is mostly private condo's, and a restuarant and easy transportation back to the boat (cabs and such).

Thanks, Lsimon--maybe I'll see if anyone else wants to share a cab up to the beach with me and walk around from there. The last time we were on Grand Cayman we did the stingray city and snorkeling from the Rhapsody of the Seas, and the weather was bad, so I didn't get to see much on the way up to the boat to tell if you could walk up to 7 mile Beach or not. I may just do a walking tour around Georgetown, too.

There are lots of cabs running along the beach and into town, if you stand in the little bus stop areas they will stop and offer you rides. We paid $2.50 per person. We went to a place called the Sea Grape beach which had showers, shelters, and an open air bar/restaurant. The food was overpriced, but it was a nice place.

• 4 weeks later...
There are lots of cabs running along the beach and into town, if you stand in the little bus stop areas they will stop and offer you rides. We paid $2.50 per person. We went to a place called the Sea Grape beach which had showers, shelters, and an open air bar/restaurant. The food was overpriced, but it was a nice place.

I will be one person and I need to go to seven mile to get to a dive shop. About how much would a Taxi be then? (I don't know how many was in your party)

Thanks,

Rhonda

I know we're usually in the minority and always seem to like different stuff than most people but my husband and I also do a lot of walking.

When we were in Grand Cayman, we took a cab to the beach (about half-way down 7-mile) but walked back to the pier at the end of our day. It took about 30 minutes, was probably about 2 miles, and was a very HOT walk. We enjoyed it, but it would not be for everyone, and we were very glad to get on the tender to cool down a bit. We've been in Grand Cayman for a land vacation and we stayed in a guest house about 2 miles from the far end of 7-mile beach. We used to walk there almost evey day, so we knew the place is totally safe and like a neighborhood with lots of interesting homes to look at. Great place to visit...can't wait to go!!

I will be one person and I need to go to seven mile to get to a dive shop. About how much would a Taxi be then? (I don't know how many was in your party)

Thanks,

Rhonda

We were on Voyager of the Seas 2 weeks ago and went to 7 mile beach on our own. Taxi was $3 pp. Most of the taxis at the tender dock were 13 passenger vans, so it doesn't matter if you are by yourself. They fill up pretty quickly and they take off.

The beach club that the cruise ship uses was the Colony Club. A rip off IMHO. You can take the taxi to the old Holiday Inn Beach (hotel name has changed recently). Then you could walk back if you still feel up to it. That beach is pretty far from the town.

Bon Voyage

• 3 months later...

Archived