tips for family fantasy cruise

ccamp

Hi My family of 10 are going to be on the Fantasy on the August 10th sailing. The adults in the group have cruised before but the children age range 13-16 have not.

I wonder in any recent Fantasy cruisers have Camp Carnival information for this age group. Any recent capers would be great too. In fact any tips regarding the ship or shore excursions with this large group would be appreciated.

We were originally on the Sensation and were moved to the Fantasy.

We are all very excited. Thanks in advance for suggestions.

Make sure the kids go to the orientation on the first night. My children are in this age group and while some of the activities interested them, others didn't, so they just picked and chose what they wanted to do. On sea days they spent quite a bit of time at the pool. While they are allowed some freedom on board, we bring walkie talkies to keep in touch (COBRA 5 mile range). They have to check in every hour by walkie talkie and every two hours in person. At night they are either in a planned camp activity or with us. Some of our other rules are: No going to anyone's cabin, no one in their cabin, no giving out any personal info without our knowing about it first, if they leave a soda unattended get a new one (we get them the soda cards), no running, no shouting, no playing in the elevators, and generally no disturbing the other passengers. They know that if they get caught breaking the rules they will be by my side for the rest of the cruise.

In Nassau we did the dolphin swim which we loved. Its was expensive, but worth it. My children enjoy snorkeling no matter which port we're in. Other favorites are parasailing and waverunners, going to the beach. A great place to check out different things to do is shoretrips.com. It will give you an idea of what's available.

Hope this helps.

Archived