A few Dawn Questions

fastmaxae376

A few questions about the dawn....

1. Nightclub....what type of music do they play?

2. Like on RCI and Carnival, is there a seapass sort of card? Is it also your room key?

3. What type of sushi rolls do they have? My favorite are Spyder, Phili, Cali, and Eel..

4. Do the reservations for the specialty rests. fill up quickly or can we wait to earlier in the day to book them?

5. My younger bro was wondering if he will be able to drink. Do they have some sort of ID for purchasing drinks. He's 18.

6. Do they have a lobster night?

Thats all I can think of now...I'll probably have more later on! Thanks!!

we never made it to nightclub

2. Like on RCI and Carnival, is there a seapass sort of card? Is it also your room key?

yes one key and room key

3. What type of sushi rolls do they have? My favorite are Spyder, Phili, Cali, and Eel..

didnt eat there

4. Do the reservations for the specialty rests. fill up quickly or can we wait to earlier in the day to book them?

urge you to book early for steak house and french one, we suite but had to make our own concierge never came back to pick up our reservation list so my wife walked to each dinner room and made them.

5. My younger bro was wondering if he will be able to drink. Do they have some sort of ID for purchasing drinks. He's 18.

good question, i never saw anyone get id.

6. Do they have a lobster night? yes it was thursday night 2nd formal night.

sea was very calm but atlantic can rock .........we had aft suite with no problems

Thats all I can think of now...I'll probably have more later on! Thanks!!

The nightclub is in Dazzles. They play really recent, popular dance club/rap/dancing type music. We went almost everynight, but it seemed like the same thing everytime in the same order, like it was all burned and then they just played the cd.

The room key is used for all expenses on the ship and also is your roomkey.

I didn't eat at the sushi restaurant but they had all you can eat sushi for $10 so I'm assuming they must have one of the types that you like.

We didn't try any of the pay-restaurants, but we tried on Tuesday to get any time in the free but reservation type restaurants and the only times that were open were 9 PM on every day Tuesday-Friday. It was like that at all of the free but reservation restaurants. So we didn't get to try any of them. We figured we would rather see the shows than eat at 9 PM.

I went with a 19 year old and she tried to buy drinks. They are supposed to clip the corner of people under 21 but they didn't. However, when she went to buy drinks, they scanned her card and it must say on the computer that she was under 21 so she couldn't buy. I ended up buying for her, so it all worked out but it is a little more work that way.

They do have a lobster night. I think ours was Thursday night.

Dazzles Nightclub plays a myriad of music...the DJ looks to see what kind of crowd it is and then plays accordingly. When I went there was mostly hip-hop and ocassional techno, but he always started out with a few sixties songs...noticed there was no one dancing, then stopped and switched to hip hop. Very fun for the younger crowd...

Yes, you use your room key like a credit card :)

When we ate there there was a lot of california rolls...some salmon and tuna and other rolls....I don't believe there are specialty rolls...but you can request for as many as you like, if it's on the menu. (We got our salmon :) and it was worth it!) Just be careful...sake is 9 dollars!

Make sure you book early. Many restaurants, like Salsa, fills up early, you will see why when you actually eat there.. There's not too many tables available for the amount of guests onboard the ship. Try to figure and plan your itinerary accordingly and make reservations at least a day in advance.

I believe you have to be 21 to drink but if he's 18 he can get written permission from your parents that says he can drink beer and wine. Call ahead and ask because I'm not too sure.

Yes, one of the nights is a lobster night. I believe it is the last formal night which was on tuesday or wednesday.

Hope I answered everything alright!! Have fun on the Dawn....we sure did! :) :D

There are different nightclubs (Dazzles, Spinnaker, Star Bar) They all play different types of music and sometimes they tie it to a theme. (one night was Carribean night, one night was 70's, one night was 50's, etc)

2. Like on RCI and Carnival, is there a seapass sort of card? Is it also your room key??

Your room key card is also your charge card on the ship. It is tied to your Method of Payment that you set up when you embarked. It is also your boarding/disembarking card. You have to use that card to get on and off the ship in ports.

3. What type of sushi rolls do they have? My favorite are Spyder, Phili, Cali, and Eel..?

Don't like sushi so I didn't eat there and have no idea what you are talking about but my brother did eat sushi on board and said it was very good.

4. Do the reservations for the specialty rests. fill up quickly or can we wait to earlier in the day to book them??

You need to make reservations early in the week for the specialty restaurants. We tried to make some for the Tex mex restaurant on TUesday and they were booked for the rest of the week. The first day on the ship, you go to the restaurant to make them for that night, but for the rest of the week you can go to the desk in the Grand Atrium.

5. My younger bro was wondering if he will be able to drink. Do they have some sort of ID for purchasing drinks. He's 18.?

They mark your key card (again your on board charge card.) They punch a hole in the card if you are not of age. (I don't remember if it is 18 or 21 on board however.)

Lobster night was the first sea day on our recent Dawn cruise, but be warned, the Lobster in the main dining rooms is Lobster tails. If you want whole lobster you have to go to Cagney's Specialty Restaurant.

Finally, let me correct something rpsinnj said, the formal nights are OPTIONAL. (there are two, Sunday and Thursday) Only about 40% of the people dress up even on those nights. The rest are in resort casual. This is true in all restaurants on all nights.

Archived