what NOT to miss in Costa Maya??

firsttimers06

I was in Costa Maya on Wednesday July 12. I would suggest not missing Mayan ruins located in that area of Mexico. The Chacchoben ruins are only 1 hour from the pier and offer a great sight with three pyramids and other interesting Mayan ruins. There are tours offered as excursions from the ship. There are also local companies located on the pier near Diamonds International willing to take you for about $45 with the tour lasting approximately 3 hours including driving time.

If you want a perfect Mexican beach experience, with not alot of people and it costs you NOTHING, go to the beach to the right of the pier as you are walking off. Chac-Chi resort. It is a paradise. Read the posts on this board about " the resort next to the pier". You can either walk through a fence or take a cab.

I was just there and it was excellent!!!!!!! Id go back in a heartbeat.

Soda $1, Beer $2, Margaritas $3. A full lunch starts at $6 & delicious. Various prices/Shrimps, Lobster, chicken fajitas, etc.

Admission $0

Chair rental $0

If you dont want any of the above, the owner will not bother you to buy anything. He has been there long before the pier was built.

I just "googled" Chac-Chi

http://www.costamaya-chacchi.com/cruise.html

here is the quote from thier site:

Cruise Days

When you get to Costa Maya by cruise take a good view to the left, that's Chac-Chi.

The first thing you should know is that Chac-Chi is open, we are a ecological resort that offers beachfront 12 cabins each with 2 double beds. Chac-Chi offer a unique privacy for your vacations that can't be found on the crowded beaches of Cancun or the Mayan Riviera.

Chac-Chi gives you a truly alternative vacation experience in our rustic, seaside cabins. Our cabanas are located in the tropical jungle by the sea and all have direct beach access.

Maybe you would have wonder how to get there? It's so close to the peer, how I get in? This entrance is located 2 miles south from the deviation to Mahahual town . This entrance is by a natural-recreational park, that is approximately 4 miles long, this is a beautifull jungle tour. During the ride you can enjoy the natural flora and fauna of the region.

Hope this is helpful.

Archived