What caused you to visit cc for the first time?

bjkeen

One of the local radio stations here in town mentioned it as a place to find good deals and information about cruising. Clark Howard, is a money guru and consumer advocate. You may or may not have heard of him. (He's nationally syndicated.) It was actually his producer who visits the site, the host doesn't cruise. :eek: (He has NO IDEA what he is missing.)

I found it, and have been a visitor for some time now.

I booked my cruise through Travelocity and there was a link on their website. At least that is what I remember, but it was almost 2 1/2 years ago. I periodically check out the other sites with message boards, but like this one best. On our cruise in September of 2002 a large group of us met on board right after sail away. We arranged to meet two other couples staying at the same hotel the night before also. That was nice. There were familiar faces. In fact, when we were in line at registration at the terminal I saw a family group that appeared to be some I had corresponded with. A couple with two boys and the two grandmothers. The wife and I ended up next to each other at the check-in counter and I asked her and they were indeed with the CC group. While we didn't all hang out together, we still kept bumping into each other and comparing our experiences. The above mentioned family appears on the video shot during the cruise.

Saw something on The travel channel and subscribed to the e-mail newsletter. One day decided to check out the message boards. Big Mistake. Booked a cruise with a bunch of people I didn't know (Conquestadors) and now I have a slew of new friends. Also found the Tampa CC group her and have more new friends. It's great having friends you can talk to about cruising and not having them say "Is she talking about her cruise again???" By the way, I have 3 more cruises booked with those people I cruised with on the Conquest. Go figure.

Lisa :cool:

I knew I wanted to go on a cruise so I went surfing for more information. I have now booked my first cruise and keep coming back here reading all the advice. I am glad I found this place before I booked my cruise the advice on the board was a great help to me when I was picking my cabin. I'm now counting down to my first cruise in September.

For those that didn't know, this board actually started out as an AOL member only. I started reading it before we went on our first cruise. Many people complained that friends of theirs that didn't have AOL couldn't get to the site. They revamped the board much to the dismay of everybody that was on it because they changed the format. It was somewhere around the beginning of 2000. We even use to have a Carnival representative on the original board. Part of her job was to read the boards and answer any questions that we had. When the board disappeared, so did she.

Some of us came here, some made their own boards. For a while, there was a lot of commotion on this board. Even to the point of having to put the messages in a holding pattern until a host could read them first. The board has changed several times. Some for the good, some more of an inconvenience. The biggest inconvenience is just getting use to it and they change it again.

The old AOL board started back up again. Not as much activity on it as there was before because most people don't even know it exists again. Out of the several boards that I've visited, this one is the best for people giving out information to the "newbies" without making them feel bad for asking a question that has been answered many times before. We all seem to be open minded and answer questions without making judgements. I've seen everything from asking about nude sunbathing on your balcony to alternative lifestyle questions answered. No judgement, just answers. Don't try that on other boards.

Out of the several boards that I've visited, this one is the best for people giving out information to the "newbies" without making them feel bad for asking a question that has been answered many times before. We all seem to be open minded and answer questions without making judgements. I've seen everything from asking about nude sunbathing on your balcony to alternative lifestyle questions answered. No judgement, just answers. Don't try that on other boards.

That is exactly the reason that I have continued to frequent this board, sometimes 4 or 5 times a day (well that and a complete obsession with all things cruising). As someone who is still looking forward to their first cruise, I have found this board and the people who populate it to be the friendliest, most helpful people I have encountered on the web and from what I can tell, off the web as well.

Oh, and to answer the question, I found the board on google while searching for Cozumel (trying to plan my excursions). Since then, I've been hooked.

I was going on my first cruise last fall and I wanted to ask people questions that I couldn't ask a travel agent or someone from the cruiseline. I went to a search engine that helped me to find this site. I'm so glad I did. So many people here have been so nice. I am hoping the information I pass on to people here helps them as much.

--Jo

Celebrity Zenith 10/2003

coming Fall 2004: Fascination

I used the boards on Cruisesonly for a long time. When they decided to close their board down this site was mentioned as an alternataive. I'm glad it was , this board is much better and I have learned a lot and tried to share what I know about cruising. Happy cruising.

Looking for information about a cruise about three years ago. Did a roll call last year and for this year's cruise. I am also addicted to reading and posting every day. I hope they are through with updating the site. We have lost more than half of our roll call members, and can't locate them. Will keep hoping they see our new thread.

We were thinking of booking our second cruise and I was looking for information. I finally figured out how to use a search engine and this was the first place I found. Lurked for a while, registered and made some great friends. Many of us ended up doing a group cruise and have remained friends ever since. :)

Archived