Switching agents-sticky situation

Boatingmom

I booked a Crown Princess Balcony cabin while still onboard the Golden in order to get the OB credit and pay a lesser deposit. Princess automatically assigned the booking to my last TA even though I told them I was not happy with my last TA. Anyway...after mulling over the cabin choice, we decided we wanted to go with a mini as the balcony may bee too small for the family of 4. I spoke to my TA and told them I really wanted to upgrade from the balcony to a mini suite. The prices my TA quoted for the upgrade were outrageous. Now I've found several online sites with available minis about $500+ cheaper than what my TA quoted for me to upgrade to a mini. One quote was even less than my current balcony cabin. I don't feel my TA has really worked with me at all. Do I cancel the balcony and lose my OB credit and then rebook? HELP?

I booked a Crown Princess Balcony cabin while still onboard the Golden in order to get the OB credit and pay a lesser deposit. Princess automatically assigned the booking to my last TA even though I told them I was not happy with my last TA. Anyway...after mulling over the cabin choice, we decided we wanted to go with a mini as the balcony may bee too small for the family of 4. I spoke to my TA and told them I really wanted to upgrade from the balcony to a mini suite. The prices my TA quoted for the upgrade were outrageous. Now I've found several online sites with available minis about $500+ cheaper than what my TA quoted for me to upgrade to a mini. One quote was even less than my current balcony cabin. I don't feel my TA has really worked with me at all. Do I cancel the balcony and lose my OB credit and then rebook? HELP?

Phone Princess and ask them if you would loose your OBC I don't think you do

but check with them first.Also when re booking make certain you don't 'Fall out of the frying pan into a fire' as the old saying goes.Some of the on line agencies don't include port charges in the quotes......those little extras do mount up.

Hope all goes well for you.:)

--Some are not but Princess was responsible to let your last problem be your new problem so call them and tell them they messed up and you want to change to a new scam artist of your choice and see what they say:)

I don't believe you would lose your OBC if you cancel and rebook.

But, you should be able to call Princess, tell them they inadvertently transferred this to an agent you did not designate and ask them for the fax number so that you can send them authorization to transfer the booking to the correct agent. I believe this is the number, but ask Princess to be sure: 661-284-4745- Attention Customer Assistance

I had a similar situation so what I did was contact my new TA tell them I had a pre payed deposit from a earlier cruise that was attached to both my last TA and my Past guest number. The new TA then reserved my new cabin pending the cancellation of my previous booking ( I gave them my booking number). Then I cancelled my previous booking with the old TA and the new one was able to change my hold to a booking with zero problemsi in the same day.

As long as you are before Final Payment - you can 'switch' agents to whomever you want......

I think you will have to send a signed note to the new TA with your permission that he/she 'take over' the booking and then also mail the new information to Princess and the 'old' TA.

You do NOT have to Cancel your booking and Re-Book - sometimes (but not always) if you do cancel even if you Re-Book you MAY lose some SBC that Princess has assigned.

Good Luck............

According to Princess (I have been through this a couple of times) a TA can not charge you a cancellation fee if you transfer your booking to another TA. So don't cancel, just transfer. Call the new TA and let them handle it. You will probably need to send a note to the new TA and Princess authorizing the transfer, but that should be it.

I didn't even read the responses to your post so if this has been said, pardon me.

Dump your lousy TA.

If nothing else, call Princess and tell them your TA is awful and you want them to "take back the booking" if you yell loud enough they will. Sorry you have to go through this.

It MAY be more difficult than you think. I had an absolutely awful experience with ecruisestores.com (Galaxy travel) who refused to release my booking. Eventually, Princess arranged for me to be listed on the passenger manifest and board without tickets, since I refused to deal any further with the unethical practices I'd endured. (I'm now suing them- the travel agency- in small claims court.

However, I agree that persistance with Princess was helpful, and they really worked hard to satisfy me (including sharing off-the-record prior issues with my agent, who sounds MUCH worse than yours.

Email me privately for more details if you'd like.

Steve

Archived