Restaurant Dining Certificate

Giantfan13

This may be of some interest to some or many on this board. I have used this for many good meals in my hometown, and really never thought of expanding it. There is a site on ebay, Resturants.com, that sells $25.00 gift coupons to many, many restaurants all over the US and other areas. Go to the site and click on your state or where you might want to eat. Then scroll thru the restaurants to find one, two or whatever in the city or area you might want to be in. These restaurants usually come up EVERY day, same ones. The auctions last 24 hours, and most bidding starts at $1,3 or $5.00. Most times you are the only bidder. If some one else bids above you, just wait for the next day. You will always get it for the minimum bid. You pay $1.00 service charge and then print out the $25.00 certificate. They are good for one year. Some restaurants have certain restrictions, like can only be used for dinner, or one certificate to a table, but that's minor stuff. The end result is that you get $25.00 off your meal for maybe $6.00. You can also go to the Restaurants.com site and they have many other places that you usually can buy a $25.00 certificate for $10.00.

Again, this is a great deal for any that might want to use it. From what I see, they don't have any listings for Alaska, but they do have Seatttle etc. I hope this link works.

http://stores.ebay.com/Restaurant-com_W0QQsspagenameZl2QQtZkm

QUOTE=Giantfan13]This may be of some interest to some or many on this board. I have used this for many good meals in my hometown, and really never thought of expanding it. There is a site on ebay, Resturants.com, that sells $25.00 gift coupons to many, many restaurants all over the US and other areas. Go to the site and click on your state or where you might want to eat. Then scroll thru the restaurants to find one, two or whatever in the city or area you might want to be in. These restaurants usually come up EVERY day, same ones. The auctions last 24 hours, and most bidding starts at $1,3 or $5.00. Most times you are the only bidder. If some one else bids above you, just wait for the next day. You will always get it for the minimum bid. You pay $1.00 service charge and then print out the $25.00 certificate. They are good for one year. Some restaurants have certain restrictions, like can only be used for dinner, or one certificate to a table, but that's minor stuff. The end result is that you get $25.00 off your meal for maybe $6.00. You can also go to the Restaurants.com site and they have many other places that you usually can buy a $25.00 certificate for $10.00.

Again, this is a great deal for any that might want to use it. From what I see, they don't have any listings for Alaska, but they do have Seatttle etc. I hope this link works.

http://stores.ebay.com/Restaurant-com_W0QQsspagenameZl2QQtZkm

giantfan

sorry for messing up your post. i dont know how i did it :eek: .

thanks for the great site. i found a nice italian coupon just blocks from where our hotel will be in seattle. it is only $5 and will let us take $25 off the bill. wow, what a deal. it sure saves alot of money eating out on trips. i have saved the site for future trips. thanks and again.

I've known about this site for about 6 months, but kept it fairly quiet from my home town area. They just changed the format, in that it seems everything is a 'buy it now' deal. before you had to bid on the coupons. I've used it locally for quite a while, never bidding more than $3.00 for a restaurant. I live outside NYC and there are several restuarants on Long Island, where I've used them. Now, since they changed the format, and there is no more bidding, everyone is welcome to know about it. I am going away for a few days to Virginia, and I've laready secured several certificates for several different restaurants around the areas I'll be in. Just make sure you check the restrictions. You are not suppose to be able to use more than 1 coupon per month per restaurant. If you want to try that, call the resaurant and ask them if you can. If you eat out, this is the best deal around, and now everyone can know about it. Too bad they don't have places in Alaska yet.

Archived