EluSun tanning pills

Has anyone tried these pills? They're supposed to change the pigment of your skin so that you look tan. Just wondering if anyone's tried these and do they work?

sounds like that 80's movie called Soul Man. I had no idea that really existed.

I know I picked up something at Witamin World that was supposed to do that but for it to "work" you had to sun bathe every day. I won't do that-tooworried about skin cancer.

the way I saw it the stuff was no "miracle"-if you lay in the sun you get darker-no need to take any pills for that.

They must have a lot of beta carotene, or something else like that. If that's one of the main ingredients, then you may as well eat a lot of carrots!

I have never heard of a pill that will make you tanned. If you want colour on your skin, then try one of the self-tanners. Over the years, I have found several that work well for my skin tone (very fair with blonde hair and hazel eyes). The best ones are sold at the department store (Lancome Flash Bronzer, any of the Clairins products), and most of the counters will be able to provide you with a sample to try before you buy. I like the Lancome for cruises, because it has a bit of shimmer that looks beautiful on bare legs.

My own personal advice is to skip the pills and try one of the bronzers instead if you feel that you will need a tan for your cruise. There will be lots of people who are pretty darned pale, so you won't necessarily stand out. But of course, that's just my opinion!

Be very careful....in the 80s there was a pill like this (I think there was some kind of dye or maybe beta carotene like the previous poster said) it was taken off the market because of an odd, not often noticed side effect. I remeber news stories (doesn't necessarily mean it was true) about the pills changing the color of internal organs....I would think with the amazing imaging equipment they have now, if you needed emergency surgery they'd be able to tell, say your intestines were healthy, even though they were a wierd brown/orange color, but still.

I had an aunt that used the pill, and her "tan" was wierd and orangy. Her eyes were even a little yellow. I think that's probably the real reason it was taken off the market...people didn't like the results.

Archived