Valor - inside or outside room?

We are booked on the Valor, Feb. 4. There are nine of us. We have one outside room, one balcony room, and two inside rooms. One of the inside couples is debating about whether to book an outside room. They don't care so much about the window but the inside rooms are 185 sq ft and the outside rooms are 220 sq ft. They are wondering if anyone knows the actual dimensions. Carnival doesn't have the answer. Even though it's 35 sq ft more, it really depends on how it's configured whether it's worth the extra money to them. Hope someone has an answer. Thanks a lot!

I believe the inside and outside rooms are exactly the same size. The only difference is the window. If they do not care about the window, then there is no reason to change.

The larger sizes are more expensive categories than the standard outside room... much more expensive.

The standard Oceanview staterooms on Riviera deck (6a) and Main deck (6b) are larger than the insides. They have a sofa/sitting area and are arranged differently as you can see ion this picture.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/234173207/1234173995049913154dUAeyp

For comparison here is an inside.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/550402394/2255407460078797020eOTMtm

Yup, the Valor's outside rooms are larger than the inside rooms. Even the Carnival rep was surprised when she looked it up. She said all other Carnival ships are the same size - inside and outside (same category) - but on the Valor the outside rooms are larger. Thanks for the pictures yst - that should help them with their decision.

Hi...we have sailed on three Carnival ships now....Victory and Triumph we had balcony cabins....and last year we sailed on the Valor and had and inside. Too be honest if money was no option then I would rather have the balcony....nice to go outside and stand a bit....but we didn't really use it that much. The inside cabin was just great last year....just the two of us....lots of room....we tend not to spend much time in the cabin except for changing and sleeping....so for us the money is better spent on other things.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Todd

We had an inside room on the Destiny - it was really a nice size, for the two of us. There will be three on the Valor inside room, so they were just wondering if the outside room was wider or just longer. If it was longer, probably wouldn't be worth it - but if it was wider it may be worth the extra bucks.

yst- thanks for the pictures. The inside we have booked is a triple cabin with bunks. These rooms must be arranged differently because I can't see where the bunks would be in the room pictured. (I am aware the bunks come out from the ceiling but I can't see them from your picture) Thanks again. Anyone else with an opinion?

Archived