Cruising with a 1-year old

apro

For the moms who have 2 kids (either twins or what) I went to Toys R Us yesterday and they had a double Jeep brand umbrella stroller, looked sturdy and fit two, probably lighter and smaller than a Cadillac.

For those that are looking for a nice sturdy umbrella stroller we went online at Target and bought a red Chicco brand umbrella stroller. WE LOVE IT! Yes it is a bit heavier than a cheaper stroller, but the quality is unbelievable. WE used to have her in a "Cadillac" which I hated and got DD out ASAP. They also sell another Chicco brand one that we almost bought that folds up into a carry bag (like thos fold up camp chairs). The best thing is for us tall people we don't have to bend down AT ALL to push her. Hope this helps anyone.

For the moms who have 2 kids (either twins or what) I went to Toys R Us yesterday and they had a double Jeep brand umbrella stroller, looked sturdy and fit two, probably lighter and smaller than a Cadillac.

I have the single one of those (jeep stroller) that I use to travel with and the full sized one I use around here. BUT, the travel umbrella one (just a warning to those with older kids) is VERY narrow. I had read the reviews on it before I ordered one...but my 2 year old is very small, just barley 23lbs. So I went ahead and bought it. And it IS narrow, wouldn't fit an older or bigger child very well. But all in all, I do love this thing for traveling.

So if you are going to get one, go to the store (Toys R Us) and try it out first with your kids.

Great thread. Very informative. I'm in the same boat ;) with the stroller situation. I have a 3 y/o DD and a 20 m/o DD. I was debating on bringing 1 or 2 umbrella strollers or a double stroller (large and heavy front/back type) on our 4 day sailing on the Imagination.

The only reason I wanted to bring two umbrella's or the double is because we're going on a longer excursion to an ecological park. I know my oldest will start out walking, but will probably zonk out after a while. Luckily, I've read on the park's website that they rent strollers for $9 per day, so am happy about that.

In Key West, I plan to do the trolley tour, which stops at everything we'd want to see, but we'll probably walk around town for a while before heading back to ship. My oldest DD always want to walk, but I'm worried she'll tire out because of the heat.

So for me, to bring only one umbrella stroller would be ideal. It has a sun shade and reclines. But still worried. :eek:

One other thing to consider with the strollers on board is how easy they are to fold, since most (unless very narrow) won't fit through the cabin door. On my last cruise I had a monster that was difficult to fold, which made it a pain any time we returned to the cabin. I've switched to the Graco DuoGlider which I can do much more easily.

Best,

Mia

I think you will be fine in the balcony cabin. No one should complain if you bring along your son and he is sleeping in the stroller. You can probably sit in the back row of the theatre and have plenty of room for the stroller next to you!

I hope you have a great time!

Archived