Upsell "Controversy"

kokosmama

I originally posted this thread. I booked the best cabin available when I called NCL; everything else was listed as sold out (and still is). I only wanted to let it be known that if someone cancelled in a cabin at a higher level than what we have, I would be interested in PAYING THE EXTRA AMOUNT for it. I was told by merely requesting that, I would automatically be removed from any possibility of doing that. I thought that was strange, that's all.

I originally posted this thread. I booked the best cabin available when I called NCL; everything else was listed as sold out (and still is). I only wanted to let it be known that if someone cancelled in a cabin at a higher level than what we have, I would be interested in PAYING THE EXTRA AMOUNT for it. I was told by merely requesting that, I would automatically be removed from any possibility of doing that. I thought that was strange, that's all.

If this is a new NCL policy - people like RPSINNJ who got a good deal and then made a fuss because he/she thinks other people got "better" deals.

NCL may just have decided that "upselling" on request is just not worth it.

NCL may just have decided that "upselling" on request is just not worth it.

Dammit woman! That's exactly what I was thinking. If I didn't like you, I'd think you were stealin all my good ideas. ;)

FYI-in my case "all" my good ideas really means "both" my good ideas

LOL

-Monte

I just called my cruise consultant with whom we booked....guess what.

She is no longer a consultant but works in the upsell dept.

I did ask her if there is any way to get on a list or request a call for upsell and she said not really. She works with guarantees only.

Thought I would just ask while I had her on the phone.

:cool:

Dammit woman! That's exactly what I was thinking. If I didn't like you, I'd think you were stealin all my good ideas. ;)

FYI-in my case "all" my good ideas really means "both" my good ideas

LOL

-Monte

Of course I did!

Archived