Orient on own?

cpcruiser

Can someone please answer a couple questions?

1. what does a taxi cost from the pier to Orient beach?

2. How long does it take to get from the pier to Orient beach? (don't want

underestimate our time and miss the ship coming back!)

3. What, in your opinion, is the best part of the beach to go to to relax and

not be elbow to elbow with people. (would rather stay away from the full

nuity)

4. what is the general cost of two beach chairs and an umbrella?

I guess that was more than a "couple" questions, sorry. We are so excited about our first cruise and want to make the most of it. We are debating on taking the cruise beach excurision or do it on our own. I just want to make sure we leave plenty of time to return to the ship. We have to be back to the ship by 4pm. I guess we should take into account the traffic that time of day as well?

Thank you for your help!

nuity)

I guess that was more than a "couple" questions, sorry. We are so excited about our first cruise and want to make the most of it. We are debating on taking the cruise beach excurision or do it on our own. I just want to make sure we leave plenty of time to return to the ship. We have to be back to the ship by 4pm. I guess we should take into account the traffic that time of day as well?

Thank you for your help!

1. Cost depends on number of people in van / cab. If 4 people sb $5-6 per pax, one way. If only 2 people, higher. No problem going from pier to beach, lots of people going to Orient. When returning go to the areas where cabs are going back to ship (easy to find) Cabbies always try to take as many as possible.

2. Allow 30 minutes driving time each way. Since ship leaves at 4PM, gangway puled 30 min earlier at 3:30. Start to walk to cab place at 2:15, plenty of time.

3. You would want to stay at the more northern parts to avoid Club O and the nekkid people. Club O at the extreme Southern part of the beach, which is 2 miles long in total.

4. chairs +umbrella = $15 - 18 or so.

Read the other posts here, lots of info.

nuity)

Thank you for your help!

1. Cost depends on number of people in van / cab. If 4 people sb $5-6 per pax, one way. If only 2 people, higher. No problem going from pier to beach, lots of people going to Orient. When returning go to the areas where cabs are going back to ship (easy to find) Cabbies always try to take as many as possible.

2. Allow 30 minutes driving time each way. Since ship leaves at 4PM, gangway puled 30 min earlier at 3:30. Start to walk to cab place at 2:15, plenty of time.

3. You would want to stay at the more northern parts to avoid Club O and the nekkid people. Club O at the extreme Southern part of the beach, which is 2 miles long in total.

4. chairs +umbrella = $15 - 18 or so.

Read the other posts here, lots of info.

We have been to St Martin a few times.

My recommendation is to rent a car, it cost us about 50 to 60 dollars. You can go to Orient Beach and also do some other touring.

I would also recommend if you are going to a few Beach's and are not flying take a cheap umbrella, they cost about 10 and use a towel. The ship pool towels work great.

St Martins is a small island and you can drive around it in less than an hour. Also it is very easy to get around and hard to get lost.

On the French side they tend not to speak English so get a map and directions directly off the ship.

Archived