Saxman Village or Totem Bight State Park?

vegasgal47

I'm a bit confused on where I want to visit - Saxman Village or Totem Bight. I read somewhere that Saxman has some original totem polls and Totem Bight just has replicas.

If anyone has been to both - which did you prefer?

Thanks

I haven't been to Totem Bite, I opted to go to Saxman because it is an actual Indian Village. You have to be Indian to live there. They have carvers working that will explain things to you. There was an actual long house and our guide was Indian and very knowledgeable. They also have a co-op shop where you can buy things actually made by the Indians. I found it very informative and interesting.:p

We opted for Totem Bight while the mother in law did Saxman. We loved Totem Bight but rented a car so we beat the crowd. It was small, quiet, scenic (overlooks the channel). Totem poles and house were very cool. A bald eagle was nesting on the top of one pole. Very cool.

MIL thought Saxman was commercialized--didn't love it. I wasn't there so I can't say for sure. My impression is that it has more stuff going on such as carving, dancing, etc.

I'm a bit confused on where I want to visit - Saxman Village or Totem Bight. I read somewhere that Saxman has some original totem polls and Totem Bight just has replicas.

If anyone has been to both - which did you prefer?

Thanks

We went with Sourdough Tours and went to Both Saxman and Totem Bight. I was equally interested in both of them. both were nice and we had a blast!

Archived