The wind

:eek:

All I have heard have been mediocre reviews, and we are sailing on the ship quite shortly.

Our family consists of two teenagers, two adults, and three elders. The teens both know there won't be a ton of other kids on the ship with them and are ok with that, at least they have each other!

For anyone that has taken this ship, how was the service? How was the dining?

Also do they keep the pool operational in Alaska?

How is the ship after their refurbishment?

Thanks for any help you can offer...

I haven't sailed the Alaskan intinerary on the Wind, but sailed her last year around Hawaii. I liked the ship--it was easy to navigate. It wasn't glitzy, but they try to make the best of the ship. I thought the staff was very good and attentive. I was nervous about the service due to the automatic service charge, but almost everyone I dealt with was friendly, polite and helpful.

I also enjoyed the food in the dining rooms. The portion sizes were relatively small, but that just let me try lots of courses. The sports bar (buffet) was adequate, and offered a variety of foods in the evening.

G'day CanadianCruiser

Had similar misconceptions about this vessel just after booking and then reading some of the many reviews that abound about the percieved 'poor' or substandard service.

Believe that the cruise will be what you make of it .... ignore the negatives that have been posted and concentrate on enjoying yourselves.

Our group has no misconceptions about this vessel .. it is older and smaller than what is available but we firmly believe that it has more character.

Just go and ENJOY yourselves, ignore the whiners and whingers.

Don't worry be happy!!!

Just to echo Shiraz49's post... there will be negative reviews to be found about every ship out there... there are people who are not happy unless they are complaining.

Don't pay too much attention to the reviews, your cruise will be as enjoyable as you make it, regardless of which ship you're on.

Just remember to have fun, as it will go by way too quickly! :)

Thanks for the positive reviews... when we sailed on our first cruise the ncl star we also read negative reviews however found it to be an amazing holiday.

We just hope the older ship does not dissapoint us. Either way I think we will have a good time.

Leaving tomorrow.:p

Archived