Who’s Minding the Fish?

Just saw this great tip in the newspaper today. I thought it would be great for people who leave someone in charge of the fish while they are away.

Buy one of those Days of the Week pill dispensers (the type with the flip up compartments) and place the proper amount of fish food for each day. That way the person feeding the fish will not over or under feed them and they can tell if someone else has already fed them. All you do is open the compartment for that day and dump it in.

Just saw this great tip in the newspaper today. I thought it would be great for people who leave someone in charge of the fish while they are away.

Buy one of those Days of the Week pill dispensers (the type with the flip up compartments) and place the proper amount of fish food for each day. That way the person feeding the fish will not over or under feed them and they can tell if someone else has already fed them. All you do is open the compartment for that day and dump it in.

ROFLMAO!!!

I wasn't SURE what I was getting into here....

(but had to come look anyway....)

This is a great idea. I came back once and the whole bottom of the tank was covered with food. Fish did survive somehow in the murky water.

sls

Destiny 12/04

Sensation 5/05

Holiday 1/04

Conquest 11/03

USS Kinkaid 9/01

How do you know if the person responsible to feed your fish while you were away just remembered the day you returned and opened all the compartments in the pill dispencer and dumped them into the tank?

Depending on the type of fish you have, it might be better to just not feed them for the week. In my experience, healthy fish in a healthy tank with clean water can easily go a week without being fed.

I love this I get to talk about my two favorite topics (fish keeping and cruising) at the same time

Archived