Changing Booking from Double to Single

Cracker Ken

Here's a question that I haven't noticed before: We have a cruise book on the Zaandam to Alaska in the last week of Sept 06. It turns out that DW mother is going to be having hip replacement surgery that's going to interfere. In this instance, would HAL let us change this booking to a single (paying the single supplement) instead of the double booking? I would still like to go on the trip. We have trip insurance, but this sort of issue looks kind of "iffy" from that perspective. Thanks,

Ken

Here's a question that I haven't noticed before: We have a cruise book on the Zaandam to Alaska in the last week of Sept 06. It turns out that DW mother is going to be having hip replacement surgery that's going to interfere. In this instance, would HAL let us change this booking to a single (paying the single supplement) instead of the double booking? I would still like to go on the trip. We have trip insurance, but this sort of issue looks kind of "iffy" from that perspective. Thanks,

Ken

I think they will...I did it once. The single suppliment can sometimes work out to be just 140%. Its better I think if you don't have your docs yet...there might be a charge to change them.

I did it once. I went from a Single Share (SS) Inside to just a single. The SS inside cat is a"K" and the prices dropped. It worked out that for a cat "M" inside with the single supplement was less than $100 for I had paid for the "K". So I re-booked it. Check with your TA, for some cruises, the single sup is less than $25. And are your sure DW is okay with you going off and leaving her with mom?

Archived