Scuba Dive In Cozumel Or Cayman?

FFVictor

Hey Gang, I'm Trying To Decide Whether To Scuba Dive In Cozumel Or Georgetown Grand Cayman? I Want To Dive In One City And Do A Beach Snorkel In The Other. What Do You Think Is My Best Option? Any Suggestions Would Be Much Appreciated.:)

Thanks!

Victor

I would say to go diving in Cozumel. It's been, by far, the best diving I've experienced.

And I would say the snorkeling in Grand Cayman is pretty neat, especially if you go to Sting Ray City. Try Captain Marvin's for this, they did a great job when we went with them. Less crowded than the cruise ship excursion boats.

Thank You Guys. The More Info The Better To Help Me Decide. I'm Sure I Will Be Happy Diving Either One, But I Just Want To Get The Best Expierence Since I Haven't Been There In 10 Years.

I Heard Some Places In Cozumel Have Been Damaged By The Hurricane, Any Info On That? When Did You Guys Go Last?

Thnaks Again.

Victor

Either place would be good whichever way you go. Both islands have sustained hurricane damage to the reefs, Cayman in Sept.'04 and Cozumel last year, but both are recovering well. The deeper reefs are fine & mavbe a little better. The shallower reefs sustained the most damage. We were in Cayman in April '05 on a cruise & then spent a week there in Oct. Had cruise stops in Cozumel April'05, Feb.'06 and again in May of this year. I personally prefer the drift diving in Cozumel over the type of dives in Cayman.......but would dive either in a heartbeat.

Mike

www.homepage.mac.com/csealove/

I dove in Coz about 3 months after Wilma. The shallow reef I went to was shot, however the reef I was at that was deeper (75' at the top of it) was in great shape. I did a wreck dive at GC on the same cruise and everything seemed good there.

One thing to keep in mind is that ships sometimes skip Grand Cayman if the seas are too high to tender safely. You might want to book with someone in Coz who can provide either on short notice.

Archived