Which Cruise

Jarronwood

Hi Guys

Ok well after spending day and night on the net etc and your help we decided to go with Celebrity. But it seems that I cannot get that elusive aft balcony for our Panama Cruise (although I did manage to get a CC class with one of the larger balconies). Problem was that because of the Superbowl in Miami no flights available.

So its back to the drawing board.

Any ideas on another super itinary for 14 days?

Suggestions most welcome.

I feel that if I am to spend £5000 on a 14 day cruise I want a nice size balcony (bear in mind this price includes flights from the UK).

:mad:

Well you could always fly into Puerto Rico - take the Galaxy 10 or 11 day trip out of there in February 2007.

And just by chance I'm on the February 2nd sailing.

While the Galaxy does not have the aft cabins you may still be able to get a nice balcony cabin.

Or....

If you really want to get those frequent flyer miles up...

Fly into LA and get the Summitt from there to Miami - February 03 start.

Or

Mercury - same thing February 18th.

Yes I telephoned Celebrity direct who were really good in finding the larger balcony cabin (have since got a brochure which shows where the extra large balconies are).

Celebrity gave me a reservation number and said I could contact my local TA who might have other flight arrangements. I did say to Celebrity we would like to upgrade on the plane anyway so maybe there were seats but nothing back from Miami cos of he Superbowl.

Am I being too picky do you think in wanting a larger balcony.

I know when we were on Explorer we had a balcony which was absolutely fine, just a normal size one. But since reading these forums I see there are better ones available for the same cost.

I do want to stay with the Panama Canal as my husband who is a bit of an engineer (well a construction manager) has always said he would like to see the canal, how it was built etc etc. Mind you he mentioned Alaksa and the Rocky Mountains but when I said about it he said he would prefer somewhere warmer.

Personally, a holiday for me is laying by the pool all day in luxrious surroundings.

My local travel agent is looking at flights and I am waiting for him to come back to me with a price.

How far is Fort Lauderdale from Miami? Also how much would a transfer cost from the ship.

This is for the 3 Feb sailing.

Archived