Should I wait for our cruise to book another cruise?

elmtree

I want to cruise to the Panama canal in March...We are sailing on the Diamond Princess in about 50 days. I keep getting these flyers in the mail from Princess saying 99 dollar upgrade if you book now and things like that...But when I go in and book the date we want it never applies it seems like..so anyway, my question is should we try and book now or is it better to wait and book on our upcoming cruise and take that OBC.???.

If you can hold out until your cruise, I would at least get some open bookings ($100 pp, good for up to 4 years or you get your money back) and use those to secure the best price you can find following your cruise. The only reason not to wait is if you are interested in a cabin category that you believe might not be available in a couple of months.

Wait until you're on board.

By booking on board you will receive a room credit on your future cruise. The credit will depend on the length of the cruise you book.

7 - 9 days = $25 pp interior / $50 pp oceanview

10 - 15 days = $75 pp interior / $100 pp oceanview

16+ days = $125 pp interior / $150 pp oceanview

up to 2 people per room

if more than 2 persons in a room, the primary 2 receive the credit

The best parts:

a) you only need to put $100 dollars down

b) you don't need to pick a specific cruise

c) you have 2 years to book a cruise or request a full refund

d) the booking IS transferrable to your local travel agent or web agent

If you can wait, do so.

We always book a future cruise while on board, even if we aren't sure where the next one will be. We do that with both Princess and Celebrity.

Just so happens our next cruise will be for New Years Eve on the Coral Princess and it includes the Panama Canal.

Thanks guys! We want to go in March and we will need a balcony, or mini, but aren't particular about location...so we should be safe to wait and book in Sept....Thanks again for the advise

Thanks guys! We want to go in March and we will need a balcony, or mini, but aren't particular about location...so we should be safe to wait and book in Sept....Thanks again for the advise

Panama is pretty popular in March/April - personally I would book now AND do a future cruise credit when you sail. Won't get the benefits on the Panama route, but you won't get stuck in an interior room, either. We booked our April Panama cruise about 7 months out and there were not too many choices of balcony rooms left at the time. Did get a good deal from one of the online discounters, too. We paid $1300/pp for 10 days (Aloha 222 Coral) and the folks in the next room paid $2600/pp. You could also call your TA and ask if the ship seems to be filling up.

Panama is an INCREDIBLE experience.

Archived