No Irons?

Spinner101

1. Irons are not allowed in the cabins as they are a fire hazard.

2. Irons are available in the laundry rooms if you must, things get busy on formal night.

3. Steamers or Downy wrinkle release are good alternatives.

4. If you iron everything beforehand and pack carefully it shouldn't be an issue.

5. You are on vacation, who cares about a few wrinkles.

There that should cover everything. :D

Spinner, there's usually a passenger laundry room on each deck if you must iron. Really, though, you will be amazed that most folks don't even notice other's wrinkled clothes.:D You can also hang your clothes in the bathroom, turn on the hot water, and steam out most of the wrinkles. Downey Wrinkle Release is a good product.

I have heard that you can't take irons on the ship. I have been on three cruises so far and have taken a travel steam iron that was purchased at Linens and Things on the second and third one with no problem.

I have also used the iron in the laundry room on the Destiny. Unless you use it at a really off time the line is incredible. People line up with arm loads of things to iron and they get possession of the iron and stay until every last item is done!

The iron we purchased has a steam option and an actual flat iron side that rotates. It came in a little trave pouch and we had no problem with luggage checking or anything else. We leave on 9-3-06 and plan on taking it then also.

I understand the candle issue, but most irons turn off automatically.

I have seen some pretty rumpled people on the cruises, so just go with the flow and have a great wrinkled time:p !!!!

I understand the candle issue, but most irons turn off automatically.

It has nothing to do with whether it turns off or not, it has to do with the electrical system. The problem of course is not one iron, but thousands of irons. Most stewards if they see it will have it removed.

I have heard that you can't take irons on the ship. I have been on three cruises so far and have taken a travel steam iron that was purchased at Linens and Things on the second and third one with no problem.

It is not a rumor, it is strictly prohibited in your cruise documents. There is a whole list of things specifically spelled out that you are not to bring, yet they make it on board every cruise...

We leave on 9-3-06 and plan on taking it then also.

Then shame on YOU! :( You KNOW it's not allowed, and yet you plan to take it anyway.

1. I hope the cabin steward does his job and removes it from your cabin!

2. I hope you don't hide it, use it, and then start an electrical fire!

3. I hope you will NOT be sitting in a life boat (nicely pressed) and wishing you had abided by the no-iron policy!

Read your "Welcome Aboard" booklet that came with your cruise docs. It specifically says in TWO places that irons, heating pads, and candles are NOT ALLOWED! They have their reasons for stressing this fact!

People like you make me cringe.:mad:

Go get 'em Cotton! If you must break the rules, smuggle some booze but forget the iron.

I know, you did it before and it was fine, but it only takes one short circuit to cause a fire. They way your clothes look on you is just not worth the risk of a fire at sea.

I hope you will reconsider the iron.

Booze on the other hand, well that is worth going down with the ship for:D !

It is not a rumor, it is strictly prohibited in your cruise documents. There is a whole list of things specifically spelled out that you are not to bring, yet they make it on board every cruise...

That's true, but our steam iron came about by the recommendation of our Carnival Travel Agent. I wonder if Carnival realizes that their own people are suggestion such things. I've even had friends who took their own hair dryers along even though the cabins are equipped. Is that an electrical issue also?:confused:

That's true, but our steam iron came about by the recommendation of our Carnival Travel Agent. I wonder if Carnival realizes that their own people are suggestion such things. I've even had friends who took their own hair dryers along even though the cabins are equipped. Is that an electrical issue also?:confused:

Obviously the hair dryers aren't, since they aren't prohibited. You are saying your PVP at Carnival recommended you take an iron??? Hmmm, I'm sure many would love to have that person's name :D If your Carnival PVP suggested you run around naked, would you, even if it said you couldn't in your cruise documents???

I'm not sure what my deal is.. perhaps I was in another world.. but of the two times I've travelled Carnival, I didn't even know Laundry rooms existed. Are they on all the ships? I'm going to be on the Triumph in October. -where can I find this infamous laundry room?

OR... should I send out my gown and have Carnival do it for me? I'd hate to leave a $400 dress with a stranger though.....

We're all in a wedding from the weekend before (not on the ship or destination anymore... but we're still cruising with the married couple regardless... long story.. :) so we're going to be wearing the gowns and tuxes.. thus an Iron would be crucial.

I'm not sure what my deal is.. perhaps I was in another world.. but of the two times I've travelled Carnival, I didn't even know Laundry rooms existed. Are they on all the ships? I'm going to be on the Triumph in October. -where can I find this infamous laundry room?

OR... should I send out my gown and have Carnival do it for me? I'd hate to leave a $400 dress with a stranger though.....

We're all in a wedding from the weekend before (not on the ship or destination anymore... but we're still cruising with the married couple regardless... long story.. :) so we're going to be wearing the gowns and tuxes.. thus an Iron would be crucial.

There is a laundry room on every passanger deck. Careful packing and hanging your stuff in the bathroom with the shower running for 5 minutes should be all you need.

Please, please don't bring your iron! It is a FIRE HAZARD and is one of the items prohibited on all cruise lines. Why would you risk causing death and injury to a couple of thousand people? :confused: :confused:

Please read the Carnival information on prohibited articles. They don't just pull these things out of the air; there is a valid reason why they don't permit irons.

Shame on you and your friends. :mad:

Yes, we were on the Carnival Triumph and I discovered that I had forgot my iron. (If I had my iron, I probably would have (if it fit into the socket)tried to use it.) I talked with my room steward, and he showed me where I needed to go to use an iron. I will say, if you are short, and I am 5'2", and I don't call that short, but if a man hadn't come into the room I would have had to "climb" something just to get the iron down.

There are about (I believe) 2 washers and 2 dryers in the room. The room I was in was very narrow, and there wasn't much room to navigate around, but fortunately I was there by myself, until this man came.

Not that I was afraid, but if you are a woman by yourself, I would still take precaution, and make sure if you're with someone that is not in the laundry room with you, that they know where you are. This way if you don't show up after a certain amount of time, this person needs to find out where you are. ("Anything" could (because of the way the room is laid out, and no one could see you) happen to you.)

Yes, we were on the Carnival Triumph and I discovered that I had forgot my iron. (If I had my iron, I probably would have (if it fit into the socket)tried to use it.) I talked with my room steward, and he showed me where I needed to go to use an iron. I will say, if you are short, and I am 5'2", and I don't call that short, but if a man hadn't come into the room I would have had to "climb" something just to get the iron down.

There are about (I believe) 2 washers and 2 dryers in the room. The room I was in was very narrow, and there wasn't much room to navigate around, but fortunately I was there by myself, until this man came.

Not that I was afraid, but if you are a woman by yourself, I would still take precaution, and make sure if you're with someone that is not in the laundry room with you, that they know where you are. This way if you don't show up after a certain amount of time, this person needs to find out where you are. ("Anything" could (because of the way the room is laid out, and no one could see you) happen to you.)

You have a hot iron in your hand, I doubt you were in danger. ;)

Yes, you are right. I did have a "hot" iron in my hand, and I'm sure I could have used it, if need be. My problem is that if I use something to hurt someone else, there is always that chance, they may try to get back at me worse.

Archived