Parking for San Francisco Pier 27

cvanhorn

Looks like the Dawn Princess will be leaving from Pier 27 for our October 18 cruise. Would appreciate parking reccomendations. I see their is 2 different ones on Francisco street, both $12 a day. Either one better than the other?

Do both take Credit Cards? Can you drive up to the terminal first to offload luggage, or do you have to hoof it from the garages to the pier?

Any and all parking suggestons appreciated. Cliff

• 2 weeks later...

CityPark provides long term parking for cruises at Piers 35 and 27. They charge $12 per day, cash and credit cards are accepted. I recommend making reservations based on past experience. There can be quite a line waiting to get into the garage on the day of departure.

http://www.sanfranciscomerchants.com/cruise_terminal/parking_san_francisco.htm

• 2 months later...

Would you recommend CityPark over the Ace garages? I like the idea of self-parking. That way I can park my new car the way I like. Also, they take credit cards rather than just cash. Have you actually parked there or at least have you seen what this garage looks like? Are the parking spaces roomy enough to allow for car doors not to bang into one another? Any input would be great!

CityPark provides long term parking for cruises at Piers 35 and 27. They charge $12 per day, cash and credit cards are accepted. I recommend making reservations based on past experience. There can be quite a line waiting to get into the garage on the day of departure.

http://www.sanfranciscomerchants.com/cruise_terminal/parking_san_francisco.htm

GoodAsGold: I've parked at both garages. For one cruise, the Port recommended Ace, but the second time it recommended CityPark. They're right across the street from one another. Ace is cash only; CityPark cash or credit cards. I found both to be good. We got to the ship early when we parked at Ace, and there were no available spots in the long-term area. They had us leave the car on the main floor, and they parked it. You might run into the same thing, depending upon how many people from the prior cruise have already retrieved their cars.

Archived