Will someone tell TA to quit saying HAL is for the old

airlink diva

Would you know if the compensation a TA receives is unifrom throughout the industry? I recall the days of Renaissance when TAs would bad-mouth it only to hear pax exclaim its virtues. My former TA does not, or cannot deal with RCL any longer. I have never had any TA tell me which line to book however. RCL does not allow TA's to undercut their "list price". The agencies that respond to C_Compete give the same quotes for RCL sailings. If I call HAL direct, their prices are always higher than the sale prices advertised by other agencies.:confused: I just wonder if a TA does favor a certain line whether there is $ involved?
It is not uniform but I would hope agents do not let that influence them. I will be honest, after I make the sale one of the first things i do is check on the commission, heck I know which lines pay commission as soon as final payment is made, who want til the clients cruise and who pay afterwards. Has ever, the amount of commissiion influenced me when selling vacations? NEVER!!!! NMNita

bpjazzer, I don't think you are too sensitive - not that my opinion is worth a cup of coffee :p . Often that term is used by those who choose not to recognize what they have done to others - the old "put the blame on the other person - I can't possibly be the problem"! :( Also, my life's teachers taught that "I'm sorry" is nice to hear if it is followed by a correction to the behavior that caused the "I'm sorry". An "I'm sorry" to a few people for the same behavior towards them & a continuation of adding more to the list of those people, is not a change in behavior.

Please, even if you don't plan to sail HAL again, I hope you will stick around this board & post some more. Some of us enthusiastically welcome new opinions on this board. I look forward to your opinions. And, in my opinion, no one on this board is all knowing. So if your words are not "exactly" correct - so what. After all, this is not rocket science! :D

Archived