NCL GEM - Bookings are open and going fast

shoreguy

Shoreguy:

We are also on the Dawn cruise with you in Feb 07.

Did the 11 day one in January 06 on the Spirit and loved it.

I just hope you don't bring the blizzard again with you.

Dave fromNJ

Hi Dave,

Stop by the 2/18/07 DAWN roll call.......we don't bite......just feed us popcorn and we'll behave.:D

Margaret,

Thank you for the invite....and don't behave that's no fun.

We had a great cruise critic party on the Spirit in Jan 06 and we

all started hanging out on the islands - it was funny and some crazy cc people (in the good way).

Dave from New Milford, NJ

My office looks over the piers in NYC - So i get teased everyday watching the ships go out wisihing i was on it. Been on 43 cruises for a 40 something year old guy not bad.

Shoreguy,

Have you heard if the have a web cam in Gem's Shipyard. We watched the Jewel being built and it help build our excitement for our 50th Anniv. cruise.

Regards, Jack

The Gem is currently a dot in front of the pearl. Once they flot out the Pearl float in the sections being built in may locations you will be able to watch here. Updated once a week.

http://www.meyerwerft.com/main.asp?id=1221&lang=e

1221_2.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Well maybe I should have titled the thread bookings are going very slowly :D

Not a single new roll call for the Gem since the bookings started. Not sure why perhaps the fact the first cruise is over a year away:rolleyes: Or perhaps the pricing that is all over the map but for many categories a bit pricey. Or is it the lack of 10/11 cruises we have grown to love in the Fall/Spring:confused:

Yes you are so right ! ! ! Shoreguy. Those ten/eleven dayers are great. We would like more. I would be going on the seven day trip not because of the ports but to see and enjoy the new ship. That is the vacation. So come on NCL add more ten/11 day cruises. Mccutie mom, cruiser25

Hi all,

We are actually booked for the 11/3/07 cruise on the NCL Gem! This will be our first NCL cruise (QE2, Celebrity, Carnival in the past). I have an AF mini-suite way forward. I looked at the deck plans for the Pearl and see that Deck 12 is comprised of public areas, so I did not want to be under the pool, deck chairs, restaurants, aerobics classes, etc., so we chose a cabin underneath one of the spa treatment rooms. It was tough finding a non-connecting room that wasn't underneath a potentially noisy area. I must have driven my poor TA nuts, but, hey, I need to be happy!!!!

Is it true that I will have to keep my lights off on my balcony and the curtains closed in my cabin at night to not disturb the bridge? Are AF cabins worth the extra money? Will I just love freestyle cruising?

Hi all,

Is it true that I will have to keep my lights off on my balcony and the curtains closed in my cabin at night to not disturb the bridge? Are AF cabins worth the extra money? Will I just love freestyle cruising?

You can leave your lights on :)

Worth the extra money - only you can answer that - an extra 75 sf inside, an extra 20 sf for the balcony, more storage, robes, and a bathtub.

Will you love Freestyle - I have no idea.

Space is important to us, which is why I chose the mini-suite. We have a toddler, so I anticipate spending a little more time in the cabin at night. I meant to put an LOL next to the question about freestyle cruising bc, of course, only I can answer that. I like the idea of being able to pick where I eat and having a good variety to choose from. So if there are 10 restaurants on board, how many are likely to have a surcharge? Any opinions on NCL food overall? We nixed a DCL Western Carribean to sail on the Gem instead for reasons of convenience (we live in NJ) and price.

Thanks in advance, and thanks for your quick response, Shoreguy!

Archived