NCL GEM - Bookings are open and going fast

shoreguy

Hello everyone and espically Shoreguy for posting the opening of NCL Gem. I am wondering why when I look for sailings in Nov. and Dec. 07 it shows a 7 day sailing not a 10 or 11 day sailing. I thought I went to NCl website from here that showed the 10 and 11 day sailings. I do not like the 7 day saling I want longer. Do you have any idea of they are bringing these longer sailings later or what? Oh yeah the Garden Villa are pricey I knew they would be around 10,000 to 12,000 but they want over 15,500 per person:eek::eek::eek:.

Thank you

Paul

Hello everyone and espically Shoreguy for posting the opening of NCL Gem. I am wondering why when I look for sailings in Nov. and Dec. 07 it shows a 7 day sailing not a 10 or 11 day sailing. I thought I went to NCl website from here that showed the 10 and 11 day sailings. I do not like the 7 day saling I want longer. Do you have any idea of they are bringing these longer sailings later or what? Oh yeah the Garden Villa are pricey I knew they would be around 10,000 to 12,000 but they want over 15,500 per person:eek::eek::eek:.

Thank you

Paul

Very limited 10/11 day cruises. Same schedule as the Dawn the first winter in NYC except the 10 days leave on Wednesdays and 11 day on Saturdays. Only 4 dates book early It appears that the Gem will be sailing 10 Day Exotic Southern Caribbean 1/16/08 & 2/6/08. 11 Day Exotic Southern Caribbean 1/5/08 & 1/26/08.

The Penthouse pricing looks a little out of line. An AB on 2/6 10 day is $700 more pp then the AB for the Dawn 11 day this coming Feb.

I'm very surprised NCL has already opened booking on the Gem so early, I really didn't expect them to do so until later this year.

Which is good news for those who wish to book more than a year early.

Cash-flow :D - they get to hold mine and many others deposits for well over a year;)

Hells bells....I would love to go on the Gem, but on a 10 or 11 day cruise. Those are only in Jan and Feb.....not good for me as I work for Tax Accountants.

The 7 Day cruises leave much to be desired....Hey NCL what are you doing to the East Coast itineraries. You need to add some Western Carib. and some 10 and 11 day ones for May, Nov and Dec.....pleaseeeeeeee :( LOL.

Linda

I just got off the phone with the travel agent and we are booked for this cruise too! I am very excited about it, but hate that it is 19 months away. Oh, and it looks like I get to meet Shoreguy!

~Intrepid

And we are going to have a blast :)

Cash-flow :D - they get to hold mine and many others deposits for well over a year;)

Whereas I know the Meyerwerft shipyard is completely covered while Lloydwerft shipyard isn't, the Pride of America sank in the drydock at Lloydwerft anyways about 6 months prior to delivery. I really hope another North Sea storm doesn't set back the Gem's delivery, or NCL will be scrambling again like it did in 2004.

I was thinking if something happen to delay the Gem's delivery, what could NCL do? Where could they get another ship quickly to meet the scheduled itineraries? I was thinking it might be safer to wait until the Gem's construction was further along before posting its itinerary.

Never-the-less, I hate forking up that much cash that far in advance, but go ahead if you don't mind. I hope you're booking a specific cabin.....

Whereas I know the Meyerwerft shipyard is completely covered while Lloydwerft shipyard isn't, the Pride of America sank in the drydock at Lloydwerft anyways about 6 months prior to delivery. I really hope another North Sea storm doesn't set back the Gem's delivery, or NCL will be scrambling again like it did in 2004.

I was thinking if something happen to delay the Gem's delivery, what could NCL do? Where could they get another ship quickly to meet the scheduled itineraries? I was thinking it might be safer to wait until the Gem's construction was further along before posting its itinerary.

Never-the-less, I hate forking up that much cash that far in advance, but go ahead if you don't mind. I hope you're booking a specific cabin.....

Trust me if the Gem does not make it to NYC for the winter 07/08 the Pearl, Dawn or Jewel will be there.

And yes I have the exact cabin I want:)

Hello everyone!

When I spoke to a NCL rep. she made it sound like NCl is going to wait on selling the approx date fo sailing of Oct. because there is a chance the Gem will done early like the Pearl. So hey the Gem might come out in June or July of 07 instead of Oct.

Paul

Thanks Shoreguy for the heads up about the Gem :D

I just talked to my travel agent 2 days ago about booking her and she said that it wasn't available to book yet. Guess who's getting a phone call today ;)

I'm interested about the Jan 26 08 cruise.

Have a great day everybody.....

~~Debbie~~

too early for us to book for 08, but I really don't want to go that early in Feb so maybe later in Feb or early March ..........

Enjoy your 7 day cruise to FL.

Feb 6 is the last of only 4 10/11 day cruises. :mad:

Hi Shoreguy....

I know you said you booked the Gem and I too would like to for Jan 08, how do you choose your cabin if there is no info out yet? What would be a good size cabin for 4. 2 adults to kids. We usually get inside.

thanks

Hi Shoreguy....

I know you said you booked the Gem and I too would like to for Jan 08, how do you choose your cabin if there is no info out yet? What would be a good size cabin for 4. 2 adults to kids. We usually get inside.

thanks

Check out the Pearl - same cabins. They have quad insides . The booking engine shows a special book at cat. I inside get an obstructed outside cat G. Many of the G cabins hold 4 and are about 20 more sf larger and you can check the weather..

http://www.ncl.com/fleet/pearl/deckplans.htm

Cabin 8088

• Sitting Area (1)
  • Crib (1)
  • Duvet (1)
  • Refrigerator (1)
  • Hair Dryer (1)
  • Telephone (1)
  • Safety Deposit Box (1)
  • Television (1)
  • Sprinklers (1)
  • Pier aft (1)
  • Shower (1)
  • Convertible Lower Beds (2)
  • Pullman Bed (1)
  • Pullout Bed (1)
  • Midship Section (1)
  • Oceanview Stateroom (1)
  • Obstructed View Percentage (100)
  • Porthole Window (2)
  • Cabin Square Footage (161)
  • Starboard Side (1)
  • Tea and Coffee Maker (1)
  • Internet access (1)
  • Bed Rails (1)

Thanks Shoreguy. You sure do know alot about cruising! I will have my TA look into that upgrade. That is what we did on the Dawn. Got an obstructed view cabin for a cheaper price then an inside. Great to have with 2 small kids along. I don't want to get a balcony because I am afraid of the kids falling off.

:p

Shoreguy:

We booked the Gem that week as well.....Thanks for all your information.

From NJ here. Love NCL 43 cruises and 57 to go.

Interprid Guy: Have you heard from Cruise from the Norw. Spirit?

He hasn't emailed me for awhile - I know he left the Spirit and moved to NYC.

Dave

Hells bells....I would love to go on the Gem, but on a 10 or 11 day cruise. Those are only in Jan and Feb.....not good for me as I work for Tax Accountants.

The 7 Day cruises leave much to be desired....Hey NCL what are you doing to the East Coast itineraries. You need to add some Western Carib. and some 10 and 11 day ones for May, Nov and Dec.....pleaseeeeeeee :( LOL.

Linda

I agree on the seven day cruises. I could not imagine a five day or less. 1 day? Forget it!

Shoreguy:

We booked the Gem that week as well.....Thanks for all your information.

From NJ here. Love NCL 43 cruises and 57 to go.

Interprid Guy: Have you heard from Cruise from the Norw. Spirit?

He hasn't emailed me for awhile - I know he left the Spirit and moved to NYC.

Dave

Drop by the roll call we only have 18 months to plan:D You would make #3 booked.

I think my personal cruise consultant is hiding from me until today's one day sale is over and the obc availability goes away. 3 calls in none back. Not sure she really wants to do that:eek: ;)

I think my personal cruise consultant is hiding from me until today's one day sale is over and the obc availability goes away. 3 calls in none back. Not sure she really wants to do that:eek: ;)

Got my OBC. Needed a little help from the supervisor. They wanted to know where I heard about it. I said shoreguy - total silence:D :D

Shoreguy:

We are also on the Dawn cruise with you in Feb 07.

Did the 11 day one in January 06 on the Spirit and loved it.

I just hope you don't bring the blizzard again with you.

Dave fromNJ

I will add you to the Dawn roll call - It is hard to get a post in over there. During they day I call it The View. 6 months+ to go and getting close to 20,000 posts:eek: :D

Archived