Glory, Valor, Or Triumph How Do You Choose?

CRUISEMAMMA

We have sailed the Imagination twice and loved her both times, now we want to move up to a larger ship but how do you choose? We do know we want to go Eastern Carib this time but which ship? Any opinions or suggestions would be welcome thanks a bunch:D

The Triumph and Glory are both beautiful ships....I've done them both...I would leave the Valor for last since its the newest one of al three of them. If I had to pick between the Triumph and the Glory I would choose the Glory....but I LOVE the Triumph...Ahhh difficult decisions....Good luck!

The Triumph and Glory are both beautiful ships....I've done them both...I would leave the Valor for last since its the newest one of al three of them. If I had to pick between the Triumph and the Glory I would choose the Glory....but I LOVE the Triumph...Ahhh difficult decisions....Good luck!

LOL!!! I have sailed both the Glory and the Triumph (2 times) and totally understand your inability to commit to one or the other!

Of the 3 ships both the Glory and the Valor are Conquest Class Ships (sister ships) and have the same ammenities, size and layout. The only difference ship wise is that they will be decorated differently. The Valor is the newer of the two.

Triumph is a bit smaller and older and does not have some of the ammenities of the Conquest Class ships such as a Supper Club, Fish and Chips and Sushi Bar. The layout is very similar to the Conquest Class aside from that.

If the above mentioned ammenities are important to you then you should select the Valor or the Glory.

Aside from that I would go by itineray (although that could always change slightly but # of days at sea/port might sway you) and price.

In my experience I loved both the Triumph and the Glory and would certainly sail either one again. Depending on who I was sailing with and faced with your choice I might select the Glory or Valor because I really very much like having the Sushi Bar as an early evening snack since I prefer Late Dining and if I was sailing with an S.O. the Supper Club as an option.

On the other hand I really like the itinerary of the Triumph and all the Sea Days and she is a wonderful ship!! Also...since she is a bit older there are often better priceing options.

This is one of those cases of anything being a great choice!

Which port is better for you? I choose the Glory because I wanted to visit the Kennedy Space Center. Which itinerary do you like better? On paper I liked the Glory's itinerary better. However, I didn't like having the first full day be a day in port. The Valor is basically a bigger version of the Triumph. However, the Valor is also newer.

The triumph was refurbished last fall, it has the new teen club as well as many updates, it's a beautiful ship, plus the new kid arcade was a huge hit with my group.

The triumph offers the eastern/western alternative with great pricing even during peak seasons... thats why we chose her last thanksgiving. we sailed eastern and loved the itinerary, the appearance of the ship..... my son was 11, too young for the teen club and skipped camp carnival as he traveled with a buddy.

I've not done the other two, but we've considered re-sailing the triumph our last two bookings and that says alot. New staff with some service issues asside that I'm sure are long resolved were our only complaint and as I'd mentioned I'd happily sail the triumph again. Also consider the Liberty eastern... we have her booked in the spring.

The triumph was refurbished last fall,

The triumph offers the eastern/western alternative with great pricing even during peak seasons... thats why we chose her last thanksgiving. we sailed eastern and loved the itinerary, the appearance of the ship.....

I've not done the other two, but we've considered re-sailing the triumph our last two bookings and that says alot. New staff with some service issues asside that I'm sure are long resolved were our only complaint and as I'd mentioned I'd happily sail the triumph again. Also consider the Liberty eastern... we have her booked in the spring.

Nice to hear your Triumph experience went well, this ship will be #2 cruise for us, and are very excited. our 1st was the NCL Majesty to Bermuda (with kids) and loved that... But a BIG ship thrills us. we are going the eastern trip (no kids) and a balcony in April,

We really enjoyed our cruise on the Triumph last year. Our two teen daughters had a great time with the Club 02 (14 &16 at the time) This cruise we decided on the Valor because of the itinerary. On the Triumph we did San Juan. We didnt get to port till just after 5, and it was fillet mignion night so it was well after 7 by the time we got off the ship. The nightlife had started in town lol we just walked around with the girls and did the standard hard rock pictures and purchase. We have also been to Nassua and with having kids we found it more family oriented. IMHO. St. thomas is heaven on earth as is St.Marten.:D

We had a similar decision to make, except for a Western itinerary. We've been on Triumph for our first cruise and thought the ship was GREAT but decided to pick a new one, so that made things a bit easier. Then it was down to Conquest or Valor...prices were nearly the same (close enough to not make a difference), airfare for one was a bit more, but again not enough to automatically choose one over the other.

It came down to the two of us checking out each possible port and looking at Carnival's shore excursion offerings (not that we'll necessarily GO with the Carnival shore excursions, it's just to get an idea) and reading CC reviews. DH still liked either, and I preferred Valor's itinerary, so Valor it was. :D

This choice also saves the Western Caribbean itinerary out of Galveston (whether or not Conquest continues to do it or another ship takes over) for '08 or '09 when we may be able to take a family cruise with my brother who lives in Galveston. ;)

Man, Carnival makes it hard on us - so many neat itineraries and decent ships to take you there. Our first cruise was easy, because we definitely wanted NE/Canada. We even checked what Royal Caribbean and Norwegian had to offer for a Western Caribbean itinerary and just did NOT want an older ship or Freedom of the Seas (at premium pricing), nor did any of their itineraries interest us. FoS would have been amazing but we really wanted a balcony and at $1200 for the lowest category inside, it's just outside our price range.

At first we were ready to go straight back to Triumph because we enjoyed the ship so much last time, but decided it was best to see another class of ship. :) Triumph was great (we were on her in June '05) and I'm told the ship is even nicer since her last refurbishment last fall.

For me it's a simple matter of logistics: I live barely 20 miles from Cape Canaveral so the Glory is my local choice.

I also hope to sail on her again soon, while certain members of her crew that were there last time are still there. I took a distinct liking to one or two. :)

CJ

I also have been on both the Glory and the Triumph. I would sail either one of them again in a hearbeat. It would be very difficult to decide. I did the Western Caribbean on the Triumph and the Eastern on the Glory. I liked the Eastern on the Glory better because I like Nassau more than San Juan, but that's just a personal preference. The other two eastern ports are the same on both ships and they are both wonderful ports of call.

The Glory is a bit larger and newer, like others have already stated, but both are wonderful ships with similar layouts even though they are different classes.

We really enjoyed our cruise on the Triumph last year. Our two teen daughters had a great time with the Club 02 (14 &16 at the time) This cruise we decided on the Valor because of the itinerary. On the Triumph we did San Juan. We didnt get to port till just after 5, and it was fillet mignion night so it was well after 7 by the time we got off the ship. The nightlife had started in town lol we just walked around with the girls and did the standard hard rock pictures and purchase. We have also been to Nassua and with having kids we found it more family oriented. IMHO. St. thomas is heaven on earth as is St.Marten.:D

i agree with your last sentence:) :) , we can't wait to go back. we're going on the conquest western caribbean next cruise. then i think it's back to the eastern!

Archived