advice Re: tape used to hold "twins" in place under your formal dress?

sueceecat

1. What type of tape ( duct, etc.) is most effective if you are a little too "blessed" and don't want them moving all over? I have great strapless bra but will need to tape it on so I can dance without it moving around.

2. How do you remove it at end of evening without taking your skin with it?

Thanks!

Diamond Princess August 2004

Golden Princess August 2006

I don't exactly understand what you mean by taping your bra on.....:o

BUT, I have one that has no back, only half sides and uses adhesive tapes to hold it in place. It is the ONLY strapless bra I own the actually has big enough cups to not "cut the girls in half!"

To answer your question , I have found that warm water (shower) and baby oil work well to remove it... if you work slowly. Peel a little , apply the oil, peel a little... you get the idea.;) The moneral oil breaks the glue down.

But, really... what DO you mean by taping your bra on?

Bra has a really lowback - and as a 34DD on a very petite figure- I worry ( from experience) that even a great strapless bra will move around too much without the regular shoulder straps to hold it in place. I had that situation at my wedding 25 years ago- and ended up having the maid of honor tape my bra in place with masking tape borrowed from the bartender- it worked really well - but the the tape took some skin off with at the send of the evening!

Its either that or finally get that breast reduction!

You might try "Flash Tape" which is available online, but I also noticed it at Claire's and Icings over the weekend. It's designed to hold dresses in place (and it works well for that purpose), so I don't know if it's strong enough to hold a bra in place. I paid $5.95 for a roll in a "scotch tape type" dispenser.

I'd never tape my girls because any tape takes my skin off in that region.

I found out by accident when I had to have a mini surgical procedure don last year. The skin took longer to heal than the incision :(

So, be careful, test the tape before you leave it on while on a cruise, you don't want any surprises when you are away from home!

I just really wish the guys who whine about wearing a necktie would read threads like this one :D

The Scotch Brand of clear duct tape works very well for this purpose. It doesn't stick with the tenacity of some other silver duct tapes. I have done the bra thing with the duct tape for years....my girlfriend was married to a Playboy photographer and she told me how those gals get taped in all kinds of places.

Here's my method.....lean over and start the tape below your underarm area and place it under the breasts so it is making a cupping effect. Then pull it around until you get to the other side. Stand up and Voila! No bra necessary. So far I have not been affected by removing the tape. Don't rip but peel the tape away.

Have also taped a strapless bra in place with the clear duct tape and it has not been noticeable. Never travel anywhere without that tape.....priceless!

I don't know if you are looking for tape to adhere your dress to the "twins" or tape to hold them up. If you are looking to adhere the dress to you (so you don't slip) flash tape works well (claires has it)... if you are looking to tape the "twins", try these: http://www.senselingerie.com/p-551-invisible-breast-lifts.aspx?gclid=COHZp-GCsIYCFSZIUAodSD7DAA

Guest TRACKER1
I'd never tape my girls because any tape takes my skin off in that region.

I found out by accident when I had to have a mini surgical procedure don last year. The skin took longer to heal than the incision :(

So, be careful, test the tape before you leave it on while on a cruise, you don't want any surprises when you are away from home!

I just really wish the guys who whine about wearing a necktie would read threads like this one :D

Hey,

Im reading this and getting some advice for my wife shes 38D!Grinning!She doesnt worry about it if you got it flaunt it! Just Kidding! The OP who stated just get the cups and use them sounds interesting! How about some Band aids on the sides!Grinning! Your right Im glad I dont have to wear a Bra but some guys do if you know what I mean!Winking!Good Luck Ladies and I didnt mean to be crude or making light of it,but you asked about guys reading this!Anyway Good Luck!

I am a 36DD or 36DDD depending on the style. Sometimes, I can even get in a 36D. But when I went strapless bra shopping, I needed a 34DD in some styles. So...I'm wondering if this would really work, especially in the Caribbean, hot, sticky summer weather. I can just imagine a horrible sliding sensation! Aackk!

So, who has actually done this under those circumstances? Even if you are in air conditioning, in the summer, w/ tape and dancing up a storm, I am really worried we will have a system failure w/ this method. But I am also nearly desperate to find a 34DD, which I cannot find in the style that almost fit me in a 36DD. :eek:

I practiced at home here in Honolulu on a very humid day. I taped my strapless bra in place with the silver duct tape ( but I am going to get the clear duct tape. I wore it under my clothes- it worked very well -hardest part was getting it off. DON'T yank it like a band aid!!!- used baby oil and water- see really helpful post above. If it is humid I think it is really important that skin is dry where you apply the tape.

I am really surprised that no one mentioned going to a speciality store for bras....and no I am not talking about Vicki's Secret. Here in the DC/MD/VA area we have a store by the name of Springers that sell that type of stuff.

I would think duck tape would #1 HURT like hell and #2 pull your skin off....but who am I to talk I could never get away without a bra...no type of tape will work for me....44DDD :o

Don't know if this will help but when removing a bandaid I use rubbing alcohol

Guest TRACKER1
I am really surprised that no one mentioned going to a speciality store for bras....and no I am not talking about Vicki's Secret. Here in the DC/MD/VA area we have a store by the name of Springers that sell that type of stuff.

I would think duck tape would #1 HURT like hell and #2 pull your skin off....but who am I to talk I could never get away without a bra...no type of tape will work for me....44DDD :o

Don't know if this will help but when removing a bandaid I use rubbing alcohol

WD-40 is good too,remember to pack that with your Duct Tape!Grinning!

I read all these stories about taping "the girls" and I consider myself..LUCKY.

As a teenager I always wished that I had been more endowed. I remember laying in bed and crying..wishing that I had "more."

I always said that I was "last in line" when they gave out "the girls."!! And I did my share of experimenting with tapes and such to make myself bigger...

Well, at 52, I'm now glad that I was last in line...I don't need a bra. My girls are still pointing north and they aren't heading south anytime soon. On the other hand, I wouldn't wear anything that accentuates cleavage, because I've never had any!! It is liberating .....sadly, it took all these years for me to realize it!!!

I do sympathize with the overly endowed...my girlfriend had to have surgery because she was so big, she couldn't stand up straight...

I used to be jealous of the "big girls".....No more!!

1. What type of tape ( duct, etc.) is most effective if you are a little too "blessed" and don't want them moving all over? I have great strapless bra but will need to tape it on so I can dance without it moving around.

2. How do you remove it at end of evening without taking your skin with it?

Thanks!

Diamond Princess August 2004

Golden Princess August 2006

Here's an old nursing trick, as we deal with this all the time....rubbing alcohol! Take a small bottle with you, apply liberally to exterior of tape, wait a minute or two and it will come right off. The alchol will also remove tape residue on you skin.

wow--- great ideas re: tape removal--- I think I will try all this stuff..before cruise!

I too did not like my size when i was younger- and envied others-for opposite reasons- couldn't wear so many cute things-- could not bend over-- could not drop stuff-- could not run without wearing two bras on top of each other- they are ackward on surfboard---etc, etc. but now I have come to terms with them. I wanted to get a reduction at one point but as a friend pointed out- if you make "them " smaller- your butt will look larger!!! Still might do it eventually. The grass is always greener...

I don't have this problem....just the opposite....but did find a site that has a couple of items that may help.

http://www.crowningimage.com/productsold2.htm One is Topstick tape and the other is It Stays - Roll On Body Adhesive. Probably could do an internet search and find then for sale other places as well. Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

Archived