Miracle questions....

awsm-red

:) I have a couple of questions. Any help would be appreciated.

1. What days are the formal nights?

2. Is it worth eating at the ala cart rest for 30.00?

3. How early can you board the ship?

4.Some one posted that they saw snakes while cave-tubing in Belize?

I hate snakes..Is this true?

Again, without these boards I wouldn;t know anything about cruising!!!:) :) :) :)

1. First formal night was Monday (sea day), second was Friday (Costa Maya day)

2. Didn't eat at Nick & Nora- Bacchus food was good enough for us esp. with 2 kids, didnt bother to pay extra.

3. We arrived at the port around 11:00am, we were having lunch at Horatio's around 12, chk in was a breeze

4. Cave tubing was cancelled but Yhonny offered an alternative, regret taking it, we went on a hiking, so tiring and not worth it. We were tired, hungry, imagine that with a 6 yr old kid. I felt so bad for him.

Again, without these boards I wouldn;t know anything about cruising!!!:) :) :) :)

Monday and Friday were the formal nights. Nick and Nora's was definetely worth the 30.00 a person. Although the food in the regular dining room was good, food at Nick and Nora's was better. The wait staff was fantastic, sent out their compliments, chef came out as well, introduced himself and also sent out compliments. Don't just look at it as 30.00 for food, your paying for the atmosphere as well.

We boarded the ship at noon.

Didn't go outside of port in Belize, so I can't answer the snake question.

Formal nights are Mon & Fri... you will see an array of clothing from dress pants to formal gowns.... wear what you are comfortable with

Didn't do this but only heard good things about it

We arrived at the port at 8:45 am, they took our luggage and we went to the Florida Seaquarium accross the street to waste some time and check it out.... got in line at 11:45 and we were on board shortly after 1:00..... boarding was delayed due to an award the ship was receiving that day.

Did cave-tubing in Belize.... never saw a snake.... all I could think was I can't believe I'm inner tubing through the rain forest.... could never do that in Wisconsin:) .... I look at everything I do on a cruise as an adventure.... wouldn't let a little snake ruin it for me even if I saw one and I was with five teenage girls:eek:

Again, without these boards I wouldn;t know anything about cruising!!! :) :)

The Miracle is a great ship go and enjoy.... make it an adventure....

We didn't see any snakes either. Pretty rare occurance I would assume, as there are a lot of different groups from cruiselines, independent operators etc constantly going into the rainforest to get to the river to tube.

I wouldn't not go because of the fear of possibly seeing a snake. It was our favorite excursion and one that shouldn't be missed. (I would be a lot more frightened to venture outside of the tourist area at the pier, and on my own, than anything)

(We used Yhoni- They did an AWESOME job at a fraction of Carnival's price!)

1. As has been said, Monday and Friday.

2. Absolutely worth every cent, fantastic experience.

3. They usually begin boarding at 11:30 in Tampa.

4. Not sure, rained cats and dogs while we were there, never left the ship. I wouldn't let it keep me from going though. We are booked to go in January with Yhonny.

Relax and enjoy your cruise!

Jess

Thannks for the answers. I was trying to get in to NIck & Noras on Thursday for my birthday. I didn't want to miss formal night either. It will work out great. I would also like to try to get a table for 2 in the main dining room. I have a better chance of hitting the lottery!!! When can you approach them about changing you seating assigment?:)

I cannot answer any of your questions about the Miracle as we do not get to cruise on her until Dec. 10th. We have been to Belize before and booked the Xtreme Cave Tubing on our own. It was one of the truly most unusual excursions we have ever done. We did not see any snakes and I would highly recommend the excursion.

John & Shari

Nick and Nora's is well worth it!! You MUST order the chocolate torte!!! :D :D :D

We also did cave tubing with cave-tubing.com and Yhony's crew. We saw no snakes, but did see a few minnows and some bats. We also sampled Belizean cashew wine. It was an awesome excursion!

Thannks for the answers. I was trying to get in to NIck & Noras on Thursday for my birthday. I didn't want to miss formal night either. It will work out great. I would also like to try to get a table for 2 in the main dining room. I have a better chance of hitting the lottery!!! When can you approach them about changing you seating assigment?:)

We are heading out in a little over a week.:D The first thing I do when I get on the ship is get reservations at Nick and Nora's. I have heard you can either go directly there and pick out your table, or that there will be a table set up taking reservations when you first board the ship. Next, I plan to go to the dining room, and check on our table, and see about moving it if I do not like the location.

I agree with CruiseHobbit. We actually went up to Nick and Nora's to make our reservation, right after lunch. It was neat to see the place in the daylight. Next stop was the dining room. We actually got a table for 2 on the upper level, so we were happy campers. The Maitre 'd should be around somewhere in case you want to make a change. Don't wait until dinner time to do this or you might not be able to get your table switched. They do their best to accomodate everyone's requests.

Yeah what the others said. We saw no wildlife either during cave tubing.

BUT - we were told that there may be little fish in the water. The guide called them "nibblers." "They might nibble on your fingers if you dangle them in the water, or you might feel something on your rear end..." he said. Even though he said it would feel like a light brushing, not a BITE, that's all my teen DD needed to hear. She floated with her rear end as high in the tube as possible, and with her legs stiff and back arched, in order to keep her rear out of the water. LOL :rolleyes:

We are a family of 6 (14,18,19,23 and 40/50's) looking to take the Miracle in mid to late May, 2007 to the Western Caribbean. What's the weather like then? Anything to worry about? Love sunshine and warm weather and hope it's not a rainy season.

Read alot about the cave tubing and myself am 51, can't swim, won't snorkel and afraid of the water - should I just take the plunge and overcome the fears or would I better off doing just the hiking?

Also, my 19 year old son is around 300 lbs., is that size an issue?

Have all gone on Celebration, Elation, Destiny and Disney Majoc but it's been a few years. Looking for a great time with all the kids.

We are a family of 6 (14,18,19,23 and 40/50's) looking to take the Miracle in mid to late May, 2007 to the Western Caribbean. What's the weather like then? Anything to worry about? Love sunshine and warm weather and hope it's not a rainy season.

Read alot about the cave tubing and myself am 51, can't swim, won't snorkel and afraid of the water - should I just take the plunge and overcome the fears or would I better off doing just the hiking?

Also, my 19 year old son is around 300 lbs., is that size an issue?

I can't tell you about the weather in May because I was there in October. However, there are two things you should consider:

1. The river i\was very calm and clear. Floating in a tube is not scary and you can request a life jacket if you are really concerned.

2. If it is the rainy season, the river will move much faster and I have heard rumors and personal opinions that it can become dangerous. Carnival has been known to cancel this excursion faster than the independents due to river conditions.

If you do decide to take this excursion (and I recommend it!) tell your excursion company about your son so that they can arrange for an appropriate size tube. The tubes were of a standard size (big for the adults and little for the kids) and I didn't see any extra large tubes for fluffier people.

Finally, after we were downstream my XDH mentioned that he did indeed see a snake on the opposite side of the river, but did not mention it so as not to freak out the ladies. Your guides will take great pains to make sure you have a safe and enjoyable time.

Formal nights are Monday and Friday

Do not miss eating at Nick & Nora's - it was excellent - we went back twice! The food was unbelivable and the service was outstanding.

They allowed us on the ship at 11:30

We went cave tubing in Belize - we did not see any snakes.

Enjoy the Miracle - I loved it!

I'm a fluffy person too. And wonder the same question. I have been told by others that this in not a rpoblem. We go in Jan. So we'll see. We are booking independent, so I think I'll mention it when we book.

I would also like to try to get a table for 2 in the main dining room. I have a better chance of hitting the lottery!!! When can you approach them about changing you seating assigment?:)

We were on the Miracle last August. There was a time advertised in the early afternoon to inquire about getting your table changed. I don't remember exactly when it was, but it was in the Capers or something. You'll be able to find the right time, and if not, ask someone.

We got there just before they opened the doors for the table changing, were one of the first groups in, asked for a table for two, the Maitre'd made the change, and that was it. It took two minutes and the Maitre'd didn't bat an eye at our request. I've heard people say to tip him then to get the table you want, but we didn't. We did tip him extra at the end of the week though for accomodating our request.

In short, I'd don't think it's that much of a longshot. No guarantee of course, but we didn't have any problem.

hi re Nick & Noras we just returned 7/23 - the food was as good as you would get in the finest rest in new york or anywhere else- note they have mostly tables for 2 & 4- we were a party of 8 and had to go on our 2nd choice nite- i think they have 3 large tables but check if that is an issue

they have tables set up the first few days for reservations- but its a good idea to go up to the rest- it was fabulous- and oh yes the choc torte is really 3 deserts in one-& absolutely fabulous indeed

it is a noticable upgrade from the fasre you get in Bacchus

Can anyone tell me about Belize and the flies. I keep hearing stuff about sandflies and botfly.

We were there at the end of March, so I couldn't comment on any other season....I think I saw 1 or 2 mosquitoes. I didn't see any other bugs, flies, anything, the entire day. You should have DeepWoods bug repellent and spray that before you start your hike or excursion. I also bought the bug repellent "towelettes" so we could wipe them on our necks, ears, etc. instead of spraying close to the face.

I haven't been able to keep as up-to-date on this board as I would like; maybe someone else can add something more recent. ??

We were on the Miracle July 4th week. So far it has been the best cruise. I loved the ship. I was on the Pride in March and it is just like it. We boarded the ship around 11:45. We are platinum members now and we were right after the wedding party. There was a wedding on the ship and all of the wedding guests got on first.

We got upgraded to a 9A and our room was great. Lots of storage space. Our dinner was at 8 and we had a table for 2. When I travel with my mother and friends, I like larger tables but my husband is not a very social person so he loved our table. We did eat at Nick's and nora's and it was nice. Our food and service in the dining room was great so it was hard to get much better than that. I do think it is a little pricey. I probably won't eat at another supper club like again. You are already paying for your food and I don't want to pay for it again.

in Belize, I booked a snorkel and beach tour through Hammerhead. The snorkeling was great and my husband just stayed on Bannister Island and I met him back there. There were no flies or fleas.

We had wind and rain in Cozumel and the snorkel trip was cancelled and it was very windy in Costa Maya and our tour was cancelled there also. It was so windy for a while that they were not allowing anyone on the pier to get on or off the ship. We just stayed at the bar at the pier and had some drinks.

We were on the Miracle July 4th week. So far it has been the best cruise. I loved the ship. I was on the Pride in March and it is just like it. We boarded the ship around 11:45. We are platinum members now and we were right after the wedding party. There was a wedding on the ship and all of the wedding guests got on first.

We got upgraded to a 9A and our room was great. Lots of storage space. Our dinner was at 8 and we had a table for 2. When I travel with my mother and friends, I like larger tables but my husband is not a very social person so he loved our table. We did eat at Nick's and nora's and it was nice. Our food and service in the dining room was great so it was hard to get much better than that. I do think it is a little pricey. I probably won't eat at another supper club like again. You are already paying for your food and I don't want to pay for it again.

in Belize, I booked a snorkel and beach tour through Hammerhead. The snorkeling was great and my husband just stayed on Bannister Island and I met him back there. There were no flies or fleas.

We had wind and rain in Cozumel and the snorkel trip was cancelled and it was very windy in Costa Maya and our tour was cancelled there also. It was so windy for a while that they were not allowing anyone on the pier to get on or off the ship. We just stayed at the bar at the pier and had some drinks.

Hey girl! Great minds thinks alike. After our Pride cruise in March, I just had to come home and immediately booked the Miracle. I just love that class of ship. Glad to hear what wonderful things we have in store for us.

Hope your Mom and her friend are doing well.

Happy Cruising!!

Archived