Pool/Port Beaches Towels Questions

I am assuming that there will be pool towels available at the Pool on Explorer of the Seas....am I correct?

Also, can anyone tell me if they hand out towels as you disembark at the various Islands? For example, if I am just heading off to Meagan's Bay on my own, will they provide me with towels, or do I have to be doing a RCCL excursion?

Thanks,

Kathy

Ok, I think I understand. I guess I understand the reason they do this, but it is kind of a drag, though, isn't it.

If you are at the pool and want to go get something to eat, I suppose you have to take your towel with you. What if someone takes your towel? Do they really charge you $20. I am a real scatter brain! I can see myself leaving my towel everywhere. Maybe I should just bring my own from home? What do you think?

No one will take your towel! Just leave your book on your chair with your towel if you have to run to the bathroom or to the bar! If you're leaving to eat a meal, you should vacate your chair. (Unless you're just going to be gone a few minutes to bring something back to the pool deck to eat! Don't worry about losing your towel, and don't bother bringing one from home--once it gets damp, it will NEVER dry! When your pool towel gets wet or dirty, you can exchange it for clean on the pool deck, or leave them in your room, where your cabin steward will provide clean ones. If you want extra pool towels, you just tell the towel person on the pool deck how many you want, and your room #. Half the time, when we went to return the extras, no one was there to confirm that we had, indeed, returned them. We have never been charged!

We picked up towels by the pool without having one to exchange many times and were never charged. Our room attendant was also great about giving us extra towels. I like to have one to lay on and one to dry with.

There are pool towels - and a deck crew member to get them for you - up on the pool deck. You don't need to take your beach towel from your room to the pool. Those towels are for you to take ashore and THOSE are the ones you're supposed to bring back with you. Each day we'd return from excursions, we would place our used beach towels on the floor under the sink and they would be promptly replaced with fresh ones. So just use those when you leave the ship - but don't forget to bring them back with you!

Archived