9/2/06--flight arrives day sailing, can we make it to boat?

hlh1978

I"m a little worried about arriving the day of sailing. We'll be flying n/s from new orleans to Orlando arriving at 11:30 a.m. on 9/02. I booked my flight myself, but transfers through disney, do you think we'll have time to make it to the boat? Thanks

Not counting unforseen flight delays you should be fine. What airline is "n/s"? and is it a direct flight for New Orleans to Orlando?

n/s means Non Stop.

To the OP, people fly to their cruise on the day of more than those that arrive a day or two early. You 11:30 arrival is perfect. Transfers only start at 11:00.

In Sept you will probably be okay. In winter, I would not chance it. We were once on a December cruise and tons of passengers missed the ship due to a big snowstorm in the Northeast affecting flights the day of. We flew in the day before and were very glad we did.

We are cruising Disney in Februaryand are not going to chance it. We will fly in the day before.

You should be fine. We flew in the day of our last cruise, got to the airport at 10:45 am. The Disney bus had us at the cruise terminal just as everyone was starting to board the ship :) Embarkation goes on for a few hours, so you'll have plenty of time even if the flight is slightly delayed.

I hate to be a naysayer, BUT -

If everything goes right, you'll be on board in time for a late lunch, you'll have a chance to get unpacked, and be up on top for the Sail Away party (which is the best of any cruiseline I've been on).

If your flight is a little delayed by an hour or two, you'll still be on board in plenty of time before departure.

But, if there is a major delay or flight schedule change or cancellation, you could have a problem. You're not going to find another direct, non-stop flight, and any re-routing is going to get you to Orlando at least 3-4 hours later, and possibly much later. People do miss the ship under circumstances such as this, and this isn't Fort Lauderdale, where you can be from the airport to the ship in 10 minutes. It probably won't happen, but it happens frequently enough due to bad weather (Sept is hurricane season), mechanical problems, and (w/ a certain airline) too many empty seats. I wouldn't take the risk of missing such a disruption to a vacation.

Archived