Log Your Exercise Progress Here

RB Bonzo

Sheila, thanks so much for your support and good advice!

I was reading back a bit -- it's so neat to have a fitness instructor on this board! GOod luck with your knee; I have lived through really crippling knee injuries in the past, and I know that's hard, especially when you have a big fitness goal -- I take it you are training for the marathon? -- awesome!

Anyway, thanks for the welcome, I look forward to more exchanges soon.

-D:D

sam:

i am glad your knee is getting better-keep icing it so you are ready for your big weekend run-what is this weeks mileage?

denise:

welcome! I had a lot of weight to lose when i started exercising (80 lbs 2 years ago) and I remember feeling like a fish out of water in the gym where everyone was so fit-just keep working out and soon you wont feel that way at all :) it sounds like you are totally committed to a healthy lifestyle and with that the pounds will fall off....best of luck and this is a great place to check in for encouragement!

nancy

So glad I checked in here today... I had six good excuses to miss one or the other of my two exercise classes tonight (had to work late, could have missed yoga class... forgot spinning shoes in the car... then, never had yoga teacher before, new style... then, there was a fight -!!- between two men in the spin class...) -- but you know what? Since I posted here about my exercise plan, I had to make good on it!

Spin class was super challenging (aside from the altercation) -- ten minutes longer than my usual class, and VERY high energy.

Thanks SO MUCH for all the support and encouragement -- and great modeling of success at losing large amounts of weight!

Plan for tomorrow is a little lighter: just my usual Thursday night 45-minute spin class. (I'll probably do a little lifting there, too, and my morning ab work again.)

Thanks again,

-D

45 mins spinning class tonight (no lifting or abs as planned) -- wicked class, one long hill, seated, standing, jumping up and down, whew! (On top of first-ever 55-min. class last night) Wasn't sure I was gonna make this one, but I got all the way through.

Actually felt really good this AM -- worried I'd wake up sore after last night's spin class, but you'd think I'd've learned by now that hard exercise actually makes me feel really good.

Planned for tomorrow: 1 hr. Yoga class (these Yoga classes are so hard I sweat almost as much in Yoga as I do in spinning!!!)

I know I'm not the only one exercising here! (Sheila, where are you?)

Attended Yoga yesterday evening.

Today, 45-minute spin class this morning, plus walking about 1.5 miles.

That's it!

Nothing planned for tomorrow... hmm, better think of something, or for sure I'll do nothing...

-D

Hi, everyone!

Had a real active time while on vacation. In addition to TONS of walking, I kept up w/ my running routine, running every other day - finished week 4, did week 5, and started week 6 of C25K. The jump from 5 and 8 minute runs to 20 minutes felt really good.

I also lifted weights a couple of times - not too strenuous, as I didn't have very good equipment to work on. I hope that the let-up in weight lifting isn't the reason I lost weight while I was away. :confused:

One day was particularly active - The entire group did a 2.6 mile hike up to a waterfall in Great Smoky Mountain Nat'l Park . When we got down, most of the folks wanted to backtrack to a visitor's station and museum. I told them to go ahead, and I hiked myself on a much more difficult trail - about 3 miles up and back. Then, we went to a spot where Appalachian settlers had farmed where many of the old structures are still intact. It is a scenic, one-way road. I rented a bike along w/ DW & DS while the rest of the gang (another family and my DD) drove it. DW & DS had some trouble, particularly up the hills, but I felt great. I felt that I could have gone around again, although it was really hot (95+). Staying hydrated was a challenge.

Finally, I swam a few laps in the pool a couple of times.

I have to say - it felt REALLY good to be so active.

Bonzo, that sounds like a GREAT vacation! How wonderful to be able to keep up at that pace.

Sheila, sounds like you're right on target to achieve your goal.

For me -- sure enough, didn't plan anything for Sunday, and didn't do anything! Worse still, today I had to bring my car down to the shop early (so no AM workout) -- and because it takes me so long to get there from work in the evening to pick it up, I have to miss my favorite Yoga class tonight, so two days in a row of nothing!! WAH!!

(Tomorrow and Wednesday are going to be tough, too, as I have plans both evenings... guess I'll just have to do morning workouts both days, get back to my fall schedule early...)

Oh well, at least I had a nice active Saturday!

got back on track today after two days that were far too sedentary. Walked about 30 minutes during lunch today - to a local farm stand to get fruits & veggies - and then back. Then, did W6d2 of C25k - 2 10 minute runs w/ a 3 minute walk in between. It felt good, and I'm thinking that I'll try to run the whole 5k on Sunday - even if that isn't how to get my best time. PR's are going to be easy to come by for the near future!

I haven't been exercising other than extra walking. Yesterday my daughter and I did a Billy Blanks Tae Bo DVD, it was killer! Today I am in pain, so I know it did something good.

I still love Billy Blanks. Every now and then i will do one of his tapes. My butt and thighs are always sore the next day:D

Archived