Log Your Exercise Progress Here

RB Bonzo

Kaz, you can purchase hand weights at any sports shop. If you are just starting out i would start with 5 and 7 pounds. Pushups are a great way to ton ethe upper body. Tri-cep dips are great also. All you do is sit in a chair walk you body out dip down and up using your forarms.

Kazzie - yes, do the weights no more frequently than every other day. The reason that weight training works is because you are breaking down the muscles - little, microscopic tears in the muscle tissues. It takes a couple of days for them to rebuild, but the build up stronger w/ more muscle mass. It is on the days off that the real progress is happening. Many people find that 3X/week is optimal, but every other day is fine. You'll get improvement even at 2X/week. Less than 2X/week and there won't be much if any progress.

I actually do weight training everyday. i work different muscles each day. Mondays i normally do chest and biceps. tuesdayi do shoulder,back and triceps.wednesdays i do legs. thursday back to chest and biceps. friday shoulder, back, and triceps. i dont do any lifting on the weekends.

I actually do weight training everyday. i work different muscles each day. Mondays i normally do chest and biceps. tuesdayi do shoulder,back and triceps.wednesdays i do legs. thursday back to chest and biceps. friday shoulder, back, and triceps. i dont do any lifting on the weekends.

I used to lift daily, too - upper body one day, core & lower body the other. So long as you're giving the muscle groups time off, it is fine.

Had a couple of really busy days and hadn't exercised since Sunday. Hope to remedy that tonight.

Haven't checked in for a while... just re-started my AM workouts. here's this week:

Mon: AM- 30 mins. treadmill, 10 mins. lifting; PM- 1 hr. Yoga class

Tue: AM- 30 mins. recumbent bike (including 10 mins. lifting)

Wed: AM- 10 mins. stairmaster, 10 mins upright bike

Thurs: PM- 1 hr personal training, 45 mins spin class

Nothing planned for Friday or weekend (I'm driving all day Friday, and doing a two-day Isagenix cleanse over the weekend).

Great to be back on track!

Today i ran 11 miles. It was a great run. It was about 45 degrees which for me is perfect for running. It was a beautiful morning. I just took it all in. The leaves are starting to change, someone had there fireplace going, i could smell the wood burning it smelled great. I love fall.

last yr i had rotator cuff surgery on my right shoulder in october..so i spent most of my time doing a light work out daily to strenghten my shoulder..

unfortunatley this october im having the same surgery on my left shoulder and plan to do same thing all over again..*same ship, NCL star same time of the yr, same workout..

this sorta limited our excursions to city tours..next jan we just plan to spend some time doing our own private walking tours and spending alot of time on our balcony..the balcony would be our first..

Saturday spent an 70 minutes on the treadmill and then lifted weights. Had planned to swim after that but forgot the goggles! :mad:

Went to do 10 miles yesterday but after 2 miles, right knee was feeling worse instead of better. :eek: Eased up and slowed down to a brisk walk at a pace that was pain-free. Altered the route to make it about 6 miles, sent home, and put ice on it. A forced 3 day break for me. :(

I finally got clearance from my surgeon to go back to the gym :) although he said still no running :( but i dont have another marathon until January, so I still have some time before the hardcore training begins

this morning i worked out with my trainer for an hour! boy did i miss her!

nancy

I got back to running yesterday - I was in Pittsburgh for a few days, and managed to run around there a bit. I had held off since Sunday due to some knee pain. Started out with a little pain after a mile, eased up for a mile, then resumed, and had a very good, pain-free run. Looking forward to doing my regular "long run" tomorrow morning.

Did some light weight lifting after the run.

Today i ran 3 miles. It was actually a walk/run. I am working with my friend who had a baby in may. She use to run with me, so i am trying to get her back at it. She is doing great. Tommorow i have 8 for my long run. My marathon is next sunday, i am so excited.

Archived