Log Your Exercise Progress Here

RB Bonzo

Sam73: Best of luck next sunday.....my how time flies! remember that it is all in the preparation and you are totally prepared!!Enjoy your run! and this being your first marathon you have the beauty of this being your PR no matter what your time is :)

I went to the gym this morning and did a mixed cardio workout.....40 minutes on the eliptical, 20 on the bike and 20 walking on the treadmill. I am amazed at how out of shape i have gotten in just 2 months :(

my trainer really has her work cut out for her to get me race ready by January!!

nancy

did my 10 mile run this morning on my regular route - everything felt very good and managed a PR of almost 3 minutes off my past best time. We switched up the order of the two loops, and did one of those loops in reverse order. That seemed to suit us a little better.

Tpday i did 45 min. of weights and ran 5 miles. I had a really good run this morning. I had to go by myselff so i kicked it up a notch. I finished a lot faster than normal. It was also very dark this morning (i'm a chicken) so another reason to run faster.

Would love to join here hopefully I can keep up my motivation. I have read a few of the posts and gee whiz I can't imagine running 5 - 10 miles. If I make it 1/2 a block running I feel like I accomplished something.

My usual exercise routine consists of Curves everyday, walk my overweight yellow lab one mile and 30 minutes of Pilates.

Will post daily if I continue with this routine. Good luck to everyone.

Would love to join here hopefully I can keep up my motivation. I have read a few of the posts and gee whiz I can't imagine running 5 - 10 miles. If I make it 1/2 a block running I feel like I accomplished something.

My usual exercise routine consists of Curves everyday, walk my overweight yellow lab one mile and 30 minutes of Pilates.

Will post daily if I continue with this routine. Good luck to everyone.

Hi, PJK -

dont think I made it a half-block my first time running!

Welcome!!!

PJK:

when i first started running-i ran for 1 minute and walked for 29 minutes and did that for a week....then each week i increased my running by 1 minute...and that is how i started-now i run marathons....believe me with your current fitness routine, if you wanted to start running you could for sure! you have a great fitness base

welcome to our "group" who gets each other moving :)

nancy

Today I did 60 min. on the eliptical,15 min. on the stairmaster,15 min. on the bike,and 30 min. of weight training. I did not run today because i have a little schin splint on my right leg. I dont know why my shoe are only 3 weeks old. So, i am trying to get it better by sunday. Actually it already feels better compared to yesterday.

Thanks for the welcome.....

Since I don't work out until late I can only post what I did the day before. So, yesterday I did my usual routine of Curves, walk my overweight yellow lab one mile and 30 minutes of Pilates. I didn't really want to do Pilates because it was so late but there I was at 10:30pm. on the floor doing it.

Thanks for the welcome.....

Since I don't work out until late I can only post what I did the day before. So, yesterday I did my usual routine of Curves, walk my overweight yellow lab one mile and 30 minutes of Pilates. I didn't really want to do Pilates because it was so late but there I was at 10:30pm. on the floor doing it.

I cant imagine doing pilates at 10:30 at night. You are doing great. Pretty soon your overweight lab wont be overweight anymore.:)

haven't done much the past few days - a couple of miles run on Tues & Wed. Posting here primarily to wish Sheila well - have a great run and good luck this weekend! Have you read John Bingham's stuff? He says that you run your first marathon only one time - so don't forget to enjoy yourself and have fun!

Thank you RB. I am very excited about sunday. iam going to try to forget about the other runners ahead of me and just enjoy my surroundings. The leaves are all changing so it will be pretty scenery. The weather forcast looks perfect. No rain, high 73.

sheila:

best of luck Sunday! Enjoy the run-it sounds like you have great weather! be sure to let us know how you did :)

today i worked out with my trainer for an hour-tomorrow i will do nothing and sunday i am going to try a very slow run.....very slow-i dont want to hurt myself, but i am anxious to get back to running :)

nancy

Good luck Sheila... :)

Well I didn't post Wed. because I was lazy and took a nap. Thursday I went to curves and walked the dog a mile.

You all post here so early what time do you exercise? I wish I had the energy in the morning to get up and exercise.

I usually get out between 6 - 6:30 am; sometimes I go at night.

Did my 10 mile run today. I jumped up the run to walk ratio a bit, but there are a couple of hills towards the end that just kill me. Have to walk them or the heart rate gets too high, and that takes me a good 10 minutes for one and over 5 minutes for the other. Did it about the same time I did it last week - 1:58, which is slower than the pace I'll need to do the half-marathon in 2:30. But, that course is a lot flatter, and I figure with the adrenaline and other runners, I'll be able to maintain a faster pace. The key is to keep it going the extra half hour.

After I was done, DW wanted to go out for lunch and for a long walk. Somehow managed to walk 3 miles more at a moderate clip!

I was feeling lightheaded after the run. Realized I was dehydrated. I usually go earlier in the morning, but I didn't get out there until past 10:30 today, and it was warmer. I had about 2 pints of liquid w/ me, but that evidently wasn't enough. I went to a nearby store, bought a gatorade, and felt much better after drinking that.

Sheila - I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. Looking forward to the report!

Hi everyone. Let me try this again. I typed in a post and clicked submit and my computer went floopy. So there may be 2 post about today. I did it. I cant believe my marathon is over. WOW that was crazy. I felt great until mile 21 then it got rough. Everything started to hurt, But somehow i made it to the finish. When i saw my mother there i cried and i told her " i am never going to do this again" Well iam thinking differently now, we'll see:D My time was 5 hours and 7 min. I am happy with that.I was very suprised how fast i recovered once i was done, considering at mile 25 i wanted to lay down and die. There were water and gatorade stations every 2 miles for the first half and then every mile. I made sure i stayed hydrated. I dont want to taste at lemon lime gatorade for the rest of my life. BY mile 24 i just could not get anything, even water down. It took me over an hour after to feel hungry. We went to eat, but i did not eat as much as i thought i would. My calves are sore and iam very tired, but i feel great. Thank you everyone for your support. I have never seen your faces or heard your voices, but i did think of you guys during the race today.:)

Sheila:

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you!!!! Now you can always say that you are a marathon runner :)

Remember to take it easy this week and let your body recover.....and I bet by the end of the week you will be looking for your next marathon :)

Nancy

Today I did 45 min. on the eliptical(at a slow pace) 40 min. of weight training,and I spent about 20 min. stretching. My legs are pretty stiff, the exercise seemed to help loosen them up. I am going to get a pedicure and a massage today:)

Ok I hate weekends when DH is home. I never seem to get anything accomplished. Friday I did my normal exercise routine except for Pilates. Saturday was sooooooooooo cold I was not going out but did Pilates. Sunday :( I didn't do nothing although I stood on my feet for 2.5 hours cooking.

DH going back to work today, now I can get back on my routine.

Archived