Excursions and skipped ports

TracersQQ

We had a snorkeling trip in St Thomas, we got out the harbor area and you could see the grey clouds, they didn't say anything but I knew that the excursion wasn't going to happen. We did do some donots in the boat spraying us all and having some fun. We go back to the ship and the excursion was credited back by the evening.

If you prebook with Carnival, and once you are on the ship an excursion is cancelled, they credit your sail and sign account.

For example, if someone else pays for my excursion using their credit card (it doesn't have to be the passenger paying when prebooking), and then the excursion cancels during sailing, the credit goes to the passenger's sail and sign account. NOT the original credit card.

I have never had this happen, but this is what it says on the "terms and conditions" when you prebook excursions on Carnival's web site.

If you prebook an excursion and then change your mind before you sail, the credit goes to the credit card used to pay for it originally.

Happy sailing!

Suzy

If you book with Carnival, you get credited to your S&S, if you book with a private company, it is very important to know what their policies are in advance and have a good idea of their reputation. Some fly by night outfits have been known to keep the money if you don't show up - even if your ship does not dock and it is not your fault, so be careful!

What if after the end of the cruise you still have a credit on your S&S card, do they put the credit on the credit card you used for your S&S card or I thought I read somewhere that they give you a cheque that you can cash? Does anyone know for sure???

Thanks

Kim

What if after the end of the cruise you still have a credit on your S&S card, do they put the credit on the credit card you used for your S&S card or I thought I read somewhere that they give you a cheque that you can cash? Does anyone know for sure???ThanksKim

Kim- it depends on where the credit came from. some credit you cant get back. so make sure what kind of credit you have.

if you can gt it back you get a check last night.

(I dont know if a cabin credit coz your price came down is refundable or not.-- tips are 10pp per day and that alone should eat a huge hole.

Archived