Very Disappointed with Grand Cayman Excursion

I wrote to try to reserve a 4x4 Jeep Excursion with Gandcaymancruiseexcursion.com. I stated that our daughter has Down Syndrome and is high functioning. However, I did ask that,since it was only 3 of us could we have the Jeep only to ourselves because someone else in the jeep may be uncomfortable with our daughter.

I recieved a reply that I needed to be in touch with them in the next month because they may have a tour that would"better suit our needs".

I wrote her back to please clarify what she meant by that and what sort of tour was she talking about and have yet to hear from her.

What would you think of this?

I wouldn't ever put my daughter in any sort of situation that she couldn't handle.My concern was truly for the other passenger. I just don't want them to feel uncomfortable.

Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks

Did you offer to pay for the remaining seats? You can't really expect them to let you have an exclusive jeep without paying more. I am sure the company depends on filling every seat when they offer this type of tour.

I agree with Splinter. Do contact them and find out how much a private 4X4 would cost. Yes, it will be more but you would be by yourselfs and if she has problems you could ask to stop early.

I have hired private cabs for myself on my bad days for MS. I have paid $75.00 per hour so that I could have the cab/car to myself.

Wish, this is what this board is about. To help you find solutions that you may not have thought of because:

1. you have never done this, or

2. you did not know this was available, or

3. you had not though of this option just yet.

Come on back with more questions, we will be delighted to help.

It might also be a language issue. They might not know what "high functioning autistic" means. They might think she needs wheelchair-access. You never know. I too would have just booked the whole jeep or a private tour and I probably would not have mentioned the autism. After all, the only accommodation you need is a private vehicle and you can get that by paying for it.

Candy

Thank you for your help. I wrote back and did get a response this time.Evidently the person I was first in touch with is out of the office until Tuesday. However, the man who wrote me back explained that they would be offering a new excursion in the next month or so where one can still do the 4x4 tour but with only three if needed. I think that's the basic gest of it. Regardless, I did get a response and an answer.

Thank you for all your help:D

Archived