I did it! Bought / Ordered Dress

meshelles

After much drama, and lots and lots of support from you guys, I finally ordered a dress for our cruise. I had a work appt this afternoon which took me near to the mall, so I decided to stop in for a quick peek in a couple of stores. It worked out great since I was wearing heels and foundation undergarments anyways. I found a dress that I really like, and look ok in. They had it in several colors, but I really wanted the red which they didn't have in my size. So I ordered it this evening (before I chicken out!). Hopefully it will be here soon!!

Here it is...

weg059_fi.jpg

weg059_ai.jpg

Thanks ladies! And now a question... I know I will get cold (I am very very cold natured) so I will be getting a wrap and for shoes I was thinking silver. If I wear silver shoes, does my wrap need to be silver as well or can it be black? I was just thinking I would get a lot more use out of a black wrap, but I'm not sure it would look right.

Thanks ladies! And now a question... I know I will get cold (I am very very cold natured) so I will be getting a wrap and for shoes I was thinking silver. If I wear silver shoes, does my wrap need to be silver as well or can it be black? I was just thinking I would get a lot more use out of a black wrap, but I'm not sure it would look right.

I vote for silver myself!! In my wardrobe siver and black are seen equally and interchangeably.

Siver goes with a lot,

Black.... hmmm, I think it might be too dark and overpowering.

Yes, I would definately try silver.

Try Ebay, they have GOBS of gorgeous shawls/wraps....in every color/fabric you can imagine.

Lets us know!

Love the dress and the color! I'm sure you'll look gorgeous! I say...if you are going to wear silver shoes, use a silver wrap. I got both for my formal on my first cruise and with the dresses that I got and am planning to wear next time, they'll both go perfectly.

I've seen tons of silver wraps lately...check out all the department stores in your area and I'm sure you'll find one.

Very pretty dress.

Although, I'll have to disagree with the silver for the wrap or shoes. I'd probably go with pewter, gold, or a burnished gold shoe. For the wrap, I'd wear one that was perhaps multi-colored with a black background. I know I'm not explaining this well, but a solid silver colored wrap would take the attention away from the lovely dress.

The colors aren't quite right, but I'd do something more like this:

42257_fpx.tif?wid=213&qlt=90,0&layer=comp&op_sharpen=0&resMode=bilin&op_usm=0.7,1.0,0.5,0&fmt=jpeg

or this (scarf only):

47229_fpx.tif?wid=213&qlt=90,0&layer=comp&op_sharpen=0&resMode=bilin&op_usm=0.7,1.0,0.5,0&fmt=jpeg BTW, this scarf is on sale right now:

http://www1.bloomingdales.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=66275&CategoryID=1588

A wrap usually ends up being carried and not worn much, so make sure you think of it as an accessory.

Very pretty dress.

Although, I'll have to disagree with the silver for the wrap or shoes. I'd probably go with pewter, gold, or a burnished gold shoe.

I'm with Kathy on this one, especially the burnished gold as I think it works great with this color red.

"Sassy Fabulous" dress to borrow Nancy's term.:)

I vote for silver! Yes a black you would get more wear and it would look good also but a silver shawl and shoes with a red dress would look awesome to me.

Archived