Crusing with peritoneal dialysis

I plan on crusing this October from Osaka, Japan to Beijing, China on Sapphire Princess. I am on peritoneal dialysis and need lots of medical supplies delivered to the ship. Has anyone done this or know how to arrange it?? I contacted Princess directly and they were no help.

Thanks!

If you are using Baxter supplies, contact them and they have a dept. that handles the deliveries of the bags.

My wife is on peritoneal dialysis and we still cruise but we live near Seattle and take the boxes of bags to the ship ourselve as we had one experience where the boxes were delivered and the ships staff mixed them in with the medical supplies for the ship. Of course this means we can only sail to Alaska which doesn't bother us as we really go for the ship. Needless to say they weren't found and we had to leave the ship. They found them 2 days later. I understand that this is highly unusaul for this to happen.

I now make large labels and stick them on all four sides of the boxes.

Anyway if I were you I would talk to the people at your renal center and see what they advise as well as Baxter.

Good luck and happy cruising!

My wife is on PD and we just sailed to Alaska June 11-18 out of Vancouver. Assuming you are a US resident and use insurance to pay for your supplies you will likely need to have your supplies delivered to a city in the continental (lower 48) states. Most US insurance companies will not pay for supplies delivered anywhere else.

We had my wife's supplies delivered to Seattle and rented a van to drive them up to Vancouver. We used large labels on the boxes with our cabin number and name on them. We had no problem getting the supplies delivered to our cabin and space in the cabin was not a big issue. We just stacked the boxes at the foot of the bed. It was nice to see the boxes dwindle throughout the cruise.

Everything went fine - my wife enjoyed the cruise very much. We are planning another one next year. If you leave from a US port you can have your supplies delivered directly to the ship. A bit riskier though as they could get lost.

If you are not a resident of the US or don't mind paying to ship your supplies to Japan, then I guess the cruise you are considering might work out OK.

Archived