Soda/Juice Package Question

Hi All,

I am a big diet coke drinker!! My family tends to consume lots of beverages also.

Can someone tell me more about the package that RCCL offers. It seems that they give you a cup. Do you drink out of the plastic cup? Must you carry it with you everywhere?

Do you have to go someplace special to refill it? What about at meal times? I know that on other lines it has been next to impossible to get a cold fresh diet coke at the buffets for breakfast and lunch! Yes, I love to have diet coke with my breakfast...it is my coffee!

Thanks for the help,

Kathy

Kathy,

You get an insulated Coke glass with a lid as a souvenier when you buy the drink package. It's easier to carry it on deck, but you don't need that cup to get soda. Just show your Sea Pass with the Coke sticker on it at any bar or restaurant and they'll give you a soda in your cup or in one of theirs. At Windjammer there's a service counter you can go to get soda. It's a great system to use. Hope that helps.

Before the end of the first day, the bartenders seemed to know who we were and we never showed our card again. They're so good at that! You're probably better off NOT carrying the insulated cup with you - it's easy to lose since there are about, oh, A THOUSAND just like it getting carried around, set down, picked back up..... We lost one of ours. Left the other two in the cabin so we'd make it home with them!

Thanks for all the helpful info!!

Do you receive canned soda or fountain?

There really is a soda station in the windjammer? That would be wonderful!! It has always been a grip of mine. Not being able to get a cold soda with my lunch or breakfast!! That is great news for me!!

Thanks,

Kathy

you can bring any cup with you and they will re-fill. I've never hauled a special cup along, but plenty of folks do. You also do not need to haul their cup with you. They are happy to put it in a glass. It's almost 4 bucks a day. For my husband it was a bargain, for me it was cheaper to buy my every now and then Diet Coke when I wanted it (I am an addict).

How much do the soda cards cost?
From the RCCL website:

Adults' Fountain Soda / Juice Package: s.gif

The cost of the package is $6.00 per person, per day, and is applicable to the total days of the cruise vacation. A 15% gratuity charge will be added.s.gif

Kids' Fountain Soda / Juice Package s.gif

The cost of the package is $4.00 per person, per day, and is applicable to the total days of the cruise vacation. A 15% gratuity charge will be added.

Please note: The fountain soda / juice package is only available for the total amount of days of the cruise and prices are subject to change without notice.

Also, in Main Dining, you'll be asked for the card the first night (or time you ask for a soda) and it will be served in a regular glass (just like at a real restaurant!). After that, there will probably be one waiting for you each night when you arrive for dinner.

Do you happen to know the ages that they consider kids?

Not sure, but as long as mine depends on me for car insurance...

OK, we've been on several cruises around the ages of 15-16 for our daughter, and some charged us the childs fare for her and some didn't.

The others have given you correct information, as the card with the sticker is all you'd need.

The benefits of not waiting around at the bars for a bill to sign, having the drink waiting for you at the dining table, etc. all weigh in on the cost versus expense.

No one can justify the cost if they balance it out to 12 or whatever drinks per day, but the comfort in knowing that your kids are not hanging out for long times at a cruise ship bar works for our family.

Did you know you can visit cruisecritic and be on a corporate teleconference at the same time? Just log off mute and say "great" a few times... :)

Have A Great Trip.

Thanks for the info. Do you happen to know the ages that they consider kids?

17 and younger = KID

KIDS FOUNTAIN SODA/JUICE PACKAGE

This package entitles our younger cruisers (guests 17 years of age and younger) to unlimited consumption of fountain sodas (no cans) and juices at all bars and lounges, Windjammer, Dining Room and Private Destinations (CocoCay and Labadee). This package is available for purchase on the day of embarkation at all bars and lounges and Adventure Ocean and may be charged to your SeaPass account. After this package has been purchased, a sticker will be placed on your boarding card allowing you to consume fountain sodas (no cans) and juices throughout your cruise. A complimentary Coca Cola souvenir cup is included as part of the package.

ktharris120,

we always buy the soda package, but I think, they don´t have diet coke in their fountains, only regular.

It´s 6$ a day, plus 15 % service charge.

Only on Celebrity we´ve got coke or sprite from a can or a bottle, the original one.

You only have to show your card with the sticker and you get your soda or juice, even in the theater, dining room, all bars.

Some barkeepers know you (at least the one who serves at the table for dinner) at the second evening and bring what you want without your order.

It´s a good system when you drink more than 3 sodas a day.

Marita,

Thanks for all your helpful info. We will definitley drink more than 3 sodas per day. Sometimes I'm good for 3 sodas at a looooonnnnggg dinner! LOL

When you say that they don't have diet coke in the fountains, do you mean they do not have it at all? Should I be bringing it on with me?

If you order room service is the soda plan good for that also?

Kathy

Did you know you can visit cruisecritic and be on a corporate teleconference at the same time? Just log off mute and say "great" a few times... :)

Have A Great Trip.

BA Ha Ha Ha !! I thought I was the only one! I'm on a conference call this very minute -- pretty much been living this way at work for the past 2 weeks due to my upcoming cruise. (Just TRY and concentrate on work..) :)

Ken

ktharris120,

we always buy the soda package, but I think, they don´t have diet coke in their fountains, only regular.

They do have Diet Coke; or they do on Rhapsody anyway. That's what I drank (unless I was having a rum & coke ;) ).

Can you buy one soda card or does the both of you have to buy one. My husband does not drink soda

If your husband does not drink soda, don't buy him one. Our our Freedom cruise last week, my husband and I each bought the soda card, but didn't get one for our daughters since neither of them drink soda.

They do have Diet Coke; or they do on Rhapsody anyway. That's what I drank (unless I was having a rum & coke ;) ).

OH YES do they ever have diet coke. DC is the ONLY thing my gf can drink. she is diabetic, so that limits her to only diet...and she is allergic to alcohol, so that cuts that off for her....so all she is left with is diet sodas and water....and she can only have so much water in a day....

and if you drink soda regularly....the package is well worth it...we buy it everytime we go on a cruise. also, its not just limited to soda....say if out of the blue u feel like an orange juice, or apple juice....that is included in the drink package....well worth it for me....i like soda and juice.

Would something like a Shirley Temple come included with the soda card or would that be considered something else?

The card is for SODA and JUICE only - whatever is on tap at the bar; nothing that only comes in cans (which sadly includes Dr. Pepper). A Shirley Temple would be a virgin bar drink and will cost you maybe $4 or $5.

Does any one know if they have diet sprite? A lot of restraunts do not so i was thinking the cruise ship won't either.

I've seen Diet Sprite in cans but not from a fountain. Therefore, Diet Sprite is not included with the soda sticker. You'll have to pay for it.

The card is for SODA and JUICE only - whatever is on tap at the bar; nothing that only comes in cans (which sadly includes Dr. Pepper). A Shirley Temple would be a virgin bar drink and will cost you maybe $4 or $5.

Actually, several posters over the years have reported that their kids were able to order Shirley Temples using the soda card. Probably because all it is is lemon-lime soda (regular, not diet, is available on the fountain gun) and a splash of grenadine plus a cherry.

beachchick

Archived