Identity of Cruise Director, Concierge, etc.

Rosetta

I have a couple of updates.

Gem

CD - Andy Steinhauser left 2/3/10 for vacation and said he was then going to the Pearl

HD - Prem Kainikkara left 1/23/10 and after a vacation is going to the Spirit and the new HD on the Gem is Filippo (not sure spelling is correct)

Star

CD - Ray Carr scheduled to be on the Star until 5/1 then vacation.

Yes the crew tends to move around and it is hard to keep track but that is why I love this thread. I will say Butlers are harder because each ship has more than one.

Does anyone know who is currently the CD and Concierge on the Gem?

Hi Lianne,

No vacation for Prem - he's already on the Spirit!:D

I heard that a guy named Brett Mance was taking over as CD on the Gem when Andy went on vacation. Perhaps recent Gem cruisers can confirm. A new ACD has come on to replace Rob Sugar. His name is Ian and he was the ACD on the Jade last summer.

I think Ruth Hagger is going on the Gem as Concierge. She may already be there, not sure exactly when Adrian was signing off.

Are you and Pianoman going back to the Star soon?;):D:D

Personally this is a waste of time because captains change every two months and the rest of the staff move frequently as well.

On the contrary, the fact that staff moves so often makes the thread so interesting for those who take a particular interest in who's who and who's where!! Hits on the thread are approaching 20K, demonstrating there is interest out there. If this thread or a similar one had a "sticky", it would likely have many, many more hits, as once it slips off the front pages, it takes awhile for it to bubble back to the top.

Thanks to all who participate!

You said it, Tomct!

Thanks, zimmerjulie!!

We've established some very nice friendships during our 9 cruises, and like to follow their whereabouts when we can. We've actually booked a couple of cruises once we knew or at least took the chance that some familiar faces would be on board. What's wrong with that, the worst case is we're "stuck" on a cruise where we don't know any staff!!! Then we're "forced" to search the ship for new ones to follow!! Fortunately, that's the easy part, NCL staff always seems to exceed our expectations, even though we continue to raise the bar. We're hopeful to find some on board the Epic in October, though some of those making the maiden voyage may be gone by the time we get there.

Hope you had a nice Valentine's Day!!

Tom

Now the Cruise Director on the Dawn Matt Baker is outstanding, he always on the go, full of engery, can be seen on stage and off stage during the week, easy to talk too and has crazy ideas. He rates high on my list of cruise directors. He knows how to get into the crowd and make people laugh. If you cruise the dawn or another ship with him you will love him

Matt Baker was our cruise director on the Sky in August. He was awesome and very talented. Loved his Austin Powers gig and he plays A-mazing harmoncia! loved him! he is the best! I am just hoping our cruise director on the star in March is just as good.

On the contrary, the fact that staff moves so often makes the thread so interesting for those who take a particular interest in who's who and who's where!! Hits on the thread are approaching 20K, demonstrating there is interest out there. If this thread or a similar one had a "sticky", it would likely have many, many more hits, as once it slips off the front pages, it takes awhile for it to bubble back to the top.

Thanks to all who participate!

I agree Tom. I too like to know what ships they currently are on, even if I'm not cruising. Besides their contracts are long enough that the information is relevant if you are cruising in the next month or two or three.

Archived