Identity of Cruise Director, Concierge, etc.

Rosetta

Rumor has it that he will be back for the July 24th sailing :)

He must be signing back on that day then. Either way... yippee! Thanks for the heads up!!

Whoever said Frank Hassenwinkel had left NCL is sorely mistaken. He hasn't and he's incredible. I believe he's presently on vacation after finishing a two month stint on the Norwegian Sky if he's not still on the Sky right now he'll be on vacation soon. After vacation he's back to the Spirit for her return trip to New Orleans (where she'll forever stay now... too bad Boston!) :eek:

[Whoever said Frank Hassenwinkel had left NCL is sorely mistaken. He hasn't and he's incredible. I believe he's presently on vacation after finishing a two month stint on the Norwegian Sky if he's not still on the Sky right now he'll be on vacation soon. After vacation he's back to the Spirit for her return trip to New Orleans (where she'll forever stay now... too bad Boston!) :eek:

Just off the Sky yesterday and Frank departed yesterday as well, he is sailing on the Epic for a B2B and then home for vacation, then on to the Spirit.

Rosita Schandy Hotel Director

Jenni lim ASD

John Ibraham CD

Gary is originally Scottish , but he has lived literally everywhere.

He speaks 8 languages fluently , so does the announcements in every language himself !

Oh--that warms the cockles of my heart (is that a scottish phrase?):rolleyes:

While I've seen several of the same staff members from ship to ship, I've never had the same cruise director on any ship.

We've had:

Adrian Lewis - Sky - 09/03

Kieron Buffery - Star - 06/04 (Our favorite CD to date)

Kevin Warner - Spirit - 09/05

Simon Murray - Star - 06/06

Julie ??? - Pearl - 09/09 (Least favorite CD to date)

I wonder who will be the CD on the Star in September of this year?

Why is Matt Baker such a good CD? Going on the Dawn in Sept.? Jamie

I like his personality, his harmonica playing and his generally "It's cool to be geeky" demeanor. :D

He's a bit like a cross between Steve Urkel (from the 90's sitcom Family Matters), Donnie Osmond, and Matt Damon.

- IT Geek

I like his personality, his harmonica playing and his generally "It's cool to be geeky" demeanor. :D

He's a bit like a cross between Steve Urkel (from the 90's sitcom Family Matters), Donnie Osmond, and Matt Damon.

- IT Geek

I love this description of Matt Baker. He is friendly, just cheeky enough, and really seems to love what he does. The harmonica is simply awesome as is the accent.

Looking forward to sailing with him again on the Dawn!

Does anyone have info on who will be the CD on the Pearl in October? We're on Oct 17, and was hoping to maybe catch Paul onboard.

It will likely be Andy Steinhauser unless he is on vacation that week. he's been on the Pearl all season.

I'd love to know when Bruce is leaving, too! I'd book a cruise based on where Bruce is going to be in a heartbeat.

I would too! Bruce made our cruise so much more special and interesting. We just loved him and we werent even in a suite but my hubby's brother was :)

• 3 weeks later...

Just wondering if anyone has any updates for all of the staff - Captain/Cruise Director/Hotel Director/Butler/Concierge, etc. for the September 21, 2010 sailing out of New York City on the Jewel.

I will be hosting the Cruise Critic Meet & Greet, and any names I can get ahead of time would be greatly appreciated!!

I have asked before, and I believe John O'Hara will be back from vaation and will be our Hotel Director - YAY!!! :) Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Anyone off the Gem know who the Concierge was or will be in Oct. this year? we hope to have Ray Carr, he was on the Spirit and Star with us, Paul B would be good also, we had him on tha Jewell and Star. We had Carlos on the Pearl twice, it was his first time on a big ship ( just off the Dream) a little to much for him at the time.

Anyone off the Gem know who the Concierge was or will be in Oct. this year? we hope to have Ray Carr, he was on the Spirit and Star with us, Paul B would be good also, we had him on tha Jewell and Star. We had Carlos on the Pearl twice, it was his first time on a big ship ( just off the Dream) a little to much for him at the time.

Paul B is no longer with NCL. He's now on Celebrity.

Hope everyone is enjoying a nice summer, it appears so since this thread has slowed down. I know we've been very busy, but our thoughts are beginning to drift towards fall, including our October 9 cruise on the Epic.

When returning cruisers have some time, hopefully lateest updates can be posted on where some of our favorites NCL staffers are working these days, specifically in our case, some details on the key "players" on the Epic incl. CD, HD's, F&B, Concierge, etc.

Thanks, much appreciated. Enjoy the day!!

OK..I've tried to find this info but havn't been able to locate it...appolgies if it's been asked and answered before....

Does anyone know who the concierge will be on the Dawn in November? Also who the cruise director will be?

Thanks!

OK..I've tried to find this info but havn't been able to locate it...appolgies if it's been asked and answered before....

Does anyone know who the concierge will be on the Dawn in November? Also who the cruise director will be?

Thanks!

The Concierge should be Anoop Bhanu and the CD should be Matt Baker.

PE

Archived